SDXC Card For GH3

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by wikoproductions, Dec 19, 2012.

1. wikoproductions

wikoproductions Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 14, 2012
  2. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
  3. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh
  4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    if you sign up on the Adorama VIP program this week they will give you a $6 code discount for the Sandisk Ultra 30mb/s 64gb card, shipped for $42 - still a pretty fast option for a very good price.
  5. powderbanks

powderbanks Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    north carolina
    i have the 45MB/s 64gb sandisk cards for my hacked gh2. i'm using driftwood's GOPSTOPPA patch which maxes at 176Mb/s. (MB meaning megabytes where as Mb is megabits, 176Mb/s is about 22MB/s). i've only had a few write speed errors during recording, and i can't reliably make it repeat. the only time i've had issues is in 720p60fps mode, high f stop and lots of detail. even though the data rate is lower for that mode, i guess it's just too much detail or something. it's not every time though, only has happened a handful of times. i think you'll be okay with the cheaper (relatively) card. if you have the money though, i'd get the 95MB/s card
  6. wikoproductions

wikoproductions Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 14, 2012
    Thanks all, I'm going to go with the relatively cheaper one for now, as the important projects don't start til May for me (wedding shoot). Gives me some time to test the failure rate, if any.