1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

SDSDRH SDHC cards for E-M5???

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by photobug429, Jan 6, 2013.

1. photobug429

photobug429 Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 3, 2012
    Washington, DC area
    Judy
    Staples recently had 8GB SanDisk Ultra cards for $10. They are marked as SDSDRH on the package and that is not listed on the Olympus site as approved. I notice the package says for high-megapixel cameras and HD camcorders and am not sure the OM-D fits that description.

I love the camera, now that I have one that works, but don't want to use a card that will cause problems.

You were all very helpful when the first camera I got was defective and I appreciate that a lot!

photobug429

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    SDSDRH is part of the model #, not a type of card. They will work fine in the E-M5.

• Like Like x 1
  3. photobug429

photobug429 Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 3, 2012
    Washington, DC area
    Judy
    Thanks. The Olympus web site was not very helpful, but I called them and when I described the card, they said it would work. Interestingly, SanDisk replied that it would not work and sent me a link for Olympus that did not even list the OM-D! I wrote back and told them that and that it was a popular camera and they should list it. Then they verified that it would work!

photobug429

4. weepics

weepics New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2013
    SDHC cards

I've been using Transcend SDHC class 10 cards for the last two years on my ZOOM Q3 Video Camera and have put them into my OM-D as well (8, 16 and 32 GB) with no problems at all.
    Each time when I finish one sequence of shots and transfer them on my iMac I format the card with the OM-D (security option, maybe not necessary each time, but it keeps me reassured nothing unexpected might happen). :wink: