SD SanDisk 16gb photo recovery

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Jeff Worsnop, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Jeff Worsnop

Jeff Worsnop Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2016
    Jeff Worsnop
    Help please.
    While trying to upload a day's shooting on my EM10 Onto my IPad for a quick preview I got the message that there was not sufficient space on the IPad. I therefore took the option to delete the photos on the IPad but unknown to me it applied to the connected SD card as well.
    I have used the SanDisk website to confirm the files are still on the card. But to actually recover the files I need to buy a one year licence which is too much. I checked for free recovery software but there was a 2gb limit.
    Can anyone tell me if there is free software that I can use to recover the files? There are 423 files mostly taken as raw plus jpg.
    Cheers
    Jeff

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi, PhotoRec, from the free TestDisk suite, usually works best.

I would turn on the write-protect switch now before running anything else on it.

If the SD card is fragmented, then an undelete app may work better than PhotoRec.
    TestDisk has an undelete function also.

Barry

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jeff Worsnop

May 20, 2016
    Jeff Worsnop
    Thanks.
    Bumbled my way through and saved the files but can't now find them ! Will have another go tomorrow when I am fresher.
    Jeff

5. Jeff Worsnop

May 20, 2016
    Jeff Worsnop
    Barry.
    Many many thanks for your advice. Despite being IT illiterate I managed to recover all my files from my SD card. It has been many years since I grappled with DOS but the web site instructions guided me through.
    Cheers
    Jeff

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have to try & get files off my daughter's micro SD card, so I will have to look into that one too.