1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

SD Card Pouch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by quatchi, May 31, 2012.

1. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Hey,

how do you keep/store your SD cards in your photo bag? I am looking for a solution for around six cards. Having them all in their seperate plastic boxes and flying around in the bag does not seem very appealing to me. Do you have any suggestions for a nice (cheap) pouch or something?

Same goes for the cameras batteries: How do you store your (one to two) spare ones?

Thanks for any advises/links.

Cheers,
    quatchi

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Tamrac makes several pouches that work well. Their MAS - modular accessory system and their SAS - strap accessory system both offer pouches that attach to your bag (or get tossed inside) which will hold SD cards and batteries. They come in different sizes and can be found pretty reasonably on EBay. I've used one for years. They even have red flaps that you can use to separate used cards/batteries from fresh ones.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    Not cheap, but I love the think tank pixel pocket rocket. They just released a new SD only one.

4. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    I have seen those - would fit my new Retrospective 7 perfectly. Unfortunately they cost above 17€ here. A bit much for a SD card pocket... :-(

5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Thanks. Just what I was looking for. I just ordered the Awesome

6. Sandisk pouch

Last couple 8gb Sandisk SD cards came with a zippered small pouch with a keyring attached. Room for 4 cards held in their little plastic cases. For me it works. "Free", compact and I don't need to carry more than 4 spare 8gb cards (~1200 RAW images). Check out your local brick & mortar store. Might have the sdhc card + wallet package available.

7. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    I have one, it holds half my CF's and SD's, I double up in SD's in some of the pockets.

Also have a Tamrac case for both batteries and cards, it can hold up to 16AA's. Comes with a red flap on the inside to indicate that the slot is for a used card or battery, so you quickly know which one is fresh.

8. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
  9. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012