1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sculpture at Riverhill Himalayan Gardens

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by ionian, Aug 10, 2016.

1. ionian

ionian Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Simon
    It can be hard to know how to focus photography when light is less than ideal - much of my photography is done when out with the family so that's the middle of the day. I often try to pick out a theme as it makes me think creatively about how to capture a range of images, so I don't end up with a bunch of pictures that all look the same.

Here I focused on the sculpture in the gardens at Riverhill in Kent. I was using my GX7 with the 14-42II and the P20.

Comments are very welcome.

image.

image.

image.

image.

image.

image.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    These are really nice and the processing is well done on them to lessen the effect of bright daylight. I just think you might want to back off a little bit on the sky and the clouds. Maybe just go over with a brush and brighten the bottom of the clouds as surely a bright sunny day didn't have any black clouds.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ionian

ionian Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Simon
    Thanks @Hypilein@Hypilein - I agree that I've pushed the contrast too far in the sky in pics 1&5. I don't mind it so much in the second picture but I see what you mean, and as long as I can maintain the structure in the clouds it should work well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ionian

ionian Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Simon
    Wow - many thanks for the feature!

• Like Like x 1
  5. c64

c64 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 4, 2016
    France