Sculpture at Riverhill Himalayan Gardens

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by ionian, Aug 10, 2016.

1. ionian

ionian Mu-43 All-Pro

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Simon
    It can be hard to know how to focus photography when light is less than ideal - much of my photography is done when out with the family so that's the middle of the day. I often try to pick out a theme as it makes me think creatively about how to capture a range of images, so I don't end up with a bunch of pictures that all look the same.

Here I focused on the sculpture in the gardens at Riverhill in Kent. I was using my GX7 with the 14-42II and the P20.

Comments are very welcome.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 18, 2015
    These are really nice and the processing is well done on them to lessen the effect of bright daylight. I just think you might want to back off a little bit on the sky and the clouds. Maybe just go over with a brush and brighten the bottom of the clouds as surely a bright sunny day didn't have any black clouds.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ionian

ionian Mu-43 All-Pro

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Simon
    Thanks @Hypilein@Hypilein - I agree that I've pushed the contrast too far in the sky in pics 1&5. I don't mind it so much in the second picture but I see what you mean, and as long as I can maintain the structure in the clouds it should work well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ionian

ionian Mu-43 All-Pro

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Simon
    Wow - many thanks for the feature!

• Like Like x 1
  5. c64

c64 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2016
    France
    Wow the 1st one is awesome !

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.