Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by taz98spin, Nov 15, 2012.

1. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    Hey everybody,

Just got the E-PM2 and this is my first touch-screen mirrorless camera.

What screen protectors are you all using?

Please let me know, thanks!

Taz

2. tbyork2012

tbyork2012 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Oxford, UK
    Exim bought on eBay. One of the easiest to apply and not get problems with bubbles (which can be smoothed off very easily). And a tip: have some sticky tape wrapped around one finger with the sticky side out (I use the PVC tape for electrics as it is not as sticky), to pick up any dust specks on the LCD screen or even if it adheres to the screen protector you can use this to remove the dust specks. This screen protector works great for touch-screen. I'm using Exim on my OM-D, iPhone, iPAD etc, as it seems to work very well for me.
    Boon

• Like Like x 1
  3. taz98spin

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    Thanks! I'll look into that! :thumbup:

4. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Micro Solution from Japan is one of the nicest and easiest to apply screen guards I've used on any device. I put one on my OM-D-can't even tell it's on there and touch screen works great. Highly recommend, although they may be pricier than some.

5. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    +1 it's been on since Day 1 and they give you a second one which you'll likely never need.

6. taz98spin

May 13, 2011
    NYC

Thanks! The OM-D has the same 3 inch screen right?!

7. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hmm-not sure about the screen size for E-PM2?? When I bought mine they sold a dedicated model for the OM-D. Since the E-PM2 is a brand new model, they probably don't have a dedicated protector out yet.

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The OM-D and Mini series both use 3" screens, but at different aspect ratios. The OM-D is 4:3 while the Mini is 16:9. They are both 3" (diagonal) but do not have the same dimensions.

9. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
  10. Jodie_harsh

Jodie_harsh Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2012
    London
    You can get iPhone screen protectors for under £1/$2 on eBay. Get one and cut it to size.

11. Brent D. Wilson

Brent D. Wilson Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2010
    Another vote for Micro Solution. I have one on my E-M5 and have absolutely no complaints.