1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

screen protector

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by flipGTO, Feb 15, 2010.

1. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I'm looking for a quality screen protector for my newly acquired GF1. What are you guys using for your :43: camera? I've purchased screen protectors from ebay, RadioShack, and Best Buy for my phones and old P&S cameras and they all fall below expectations. Life would be easier if Panasonic made the lcd articulate like my L10's.

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Mark,

this is the best screen protector I've ever used... Zagg Invisible Shield. They don't have the GF1 listed, but is the G1 screen the same size?

LOL, our posts went up at the same time BB... I hadn't seen that post, but great minds think alike! :rofl:

Cheers

Brian

4. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Hi Mark,

I am in the same place as you, I have read good things about the GGS optical glass LCD screen protector but cannot find anyone in UK who stocks them.

The other one I am trying to track down is the giottos pro optical glass screen protector.

I do want to get an optical glass protector rather than a stick on film shield similar to phone protectors but we seem to be a bit lax at offering these in the UK.

If anyone has either of the above that they purchased in the UK, please let us know your views and where you purchased it from.

Thanks,
    Ian

5. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    never bother with one

.... and i dont really take care of my cameras... but it has never been a problem. I do however have a UV or similar filter on the front of every lens

K

6. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    Hi Mark and Ian.

I bought one of these, very good. :2thumbs:

John.

7. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Funny, I just ordered the GGS screen along with some Eneloop batteries from Amazon before I saw your post.

Thanks for all the help. :2thumbs:

8. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Unfortunately, Amazon in the US will not ship the GGS to the UK and Amazon UK do not offer it - not sure why!

Thanks John for your link to Ebay source but every time I check it is shows that the listing has ended for GF1.

It is also like trying to find "hens teeth" to find a source for a good quality optical glass screen protector for the GF1 in the UK so supect my only resolution is to find a distributor in the US willing to ship to the UK.

I live in hope with not too much faith and very little charity!

9. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

I put a GGS one on mine. Works a treat.

10. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Iansky, I feel your pain in regards to international shipping. I was looking for an E-400 before the GF1 purchase and its a Europe only camera. No one is willing to ship it out to me, so now I'm in the m4/3 world. Also, if you need someone to drop-ship one of these protectors for you, I wouldn't mind it. I've shipped to Ireland before and it was as painless as shipping within the US.

11. BartonFlyer

BartonFlyer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    This Hong Kong eBay store http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/GreenLife-Style__W0QQ_armrsZ1 claims to be shipping GGS screens postage free to the UK - I wonder if they are genuine? (or am I just too cynical in my old age?) - Anybody used them?

12. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    Buy with confidence from GreenLife, had no problems with them, bought GF1 Screen Protector and Focus Rail from them. :2thumbs:

13. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Brilliant, thanks folks - I have just ordered a GGS screen protector for the GF1 for just over £6.oo with free postage.

All help and offers have been very much appreciated - another fine example of the comradeship of site members.

14. BartonFlyer

BartonFlyer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Likewise - I've just ordered one for the E-P2 AU$11.80 - translated to £6.92 by PayPal - thanks for the reference Klythawk

15. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    Hi Ian & Ian

GreenLife quotes delivery at 7-14 working days, received both my deliveries 13 working days after shipment, worth waiting for, they are top quality. :2thumbs:

John.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thank you John,

It looks like a very useful site and certainly very good prices.

It is great to see the site sharing valuable contacts/recommendations with members based on their experiences.

Credibility means a lot.

Thanks,
    Ian

17. jhob

jhob Mu-43 Veteran

I have just received my GGS protector, ordered from GreenLife ebay store - great price and seems to work really well so far, had it on less than 24hours so time will tell how it stands up over months of use.

Quality seems really good so I went ahead and ordered another two for my Fuji S5pros.

18. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I was going to order some for my E-3 and E-30, but they don't offer something for the top LCD, which is what is exposed all the time. Now I'm looking at Zagg for the 2.

19. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Well, I just received my GGS screen protector from Aus so equivalent of £6+, it was very easy to put it on and fits perfectly.

It appears well made and a good fit without cutting any of the screen off so all in all a very good purchase for optical quality glass protection.

20. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    Just ordered GGS screen protector for E-P1 from here. UK based and a couple of quid more than abroard, but receive a lot quicker. Sells GGS for GF1. :thumbup: