Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Kpfeifle, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

Hello All,

I have a new OMD EM-10 MK II inbound and would like to get a screen protector for the back. Looking for something pre cut to the right size and easy to apply. What's the best out there now?

Kevin

2. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    If InvisibleShield (Zagg) made either the HDX or Glass version of their protectors for the E-M10 I'd go that route (HDX and glass because it's either 100% or near such clarity compared to the original more 'rubbery' feeling one, the HDX is more self-healing on the scratch proof).

I've only used it for smartphones though, I've not used a screen protector on either my E-P3 which I have used for 5 years now, or the E-M5 which I had for about a year and a half without any problems with the screen.

Otherwise there's ExpertSheild.
    Search - E-M10

3. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    I used the film screen protectors for a year, mistakenly thinking the glass ones would interfere with the touch sensitivity. After trying a glass protector on my iPhone I tried them on my cameras and I am sold on them. The scratch protection is better as is the screen contrast, and there is no effect on touch sensitivity.

I bought JJC ones on Amazon, but there are various brands on eBay also, and it seems they are all very similar if not identical.
    Amazon.com : JJC GSPEM1 Optical Glass Screen Protector for Olympus OM-D E-M1 E-M10 PEN E-P5 Digital Camera (Clear) : Camera & Photo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 16, 2014
  5. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the replies, I really appreceate them! I always liked the Zagg products, but it seems they are just cell phones these days. Went with an Expert Shield from B&H as I had to place an order with them anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.