Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Kpfeifle, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

Hello All,

I have a new OMD EM-10 MK II inbound and would like to get a screen protector for the back. Looking for something pre cut to the right size and easy to apply. What's the best out there now?

2. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    If InvisibleShield (Zagg) made either the HDX or Glass version of their protectors for the E-M10 I'd go that route (HDX and glass because it's either 100% or near such clarity compared to the original more 'rubbery' feeling one, the HDX is more self-healing on the scratch proof).

I've only used it for smartphones though, I've not used a screen protector on either my E-P3 which I have used for 5 years now, or the E-M5 which I had for about a year and a half without any problems with the screen.

Otherwise there's ExpertSheild.
    Search - E-M10
  3. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    I used the film screen protectors for a year, mistakenly thinking the glass ones would interfere with the touch sensitivity. After trying a glass protector on my iPhone I tried them on my cameras and I am sold on them. The scratch protection is better as is the screen contrast, and there is no effect on touch sensitivity.

I bought JJC ones on Amazon, but there are various brands on eBay also, and it seems they are all very similar if not identical. : JJC GSPEM1 Optical Glass Screen Protector for Olympus OM-D E-M1 E-M10 PEN E-P5 Digital Camera (Clear) : Camera & Photo
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2014
  5. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the replies, I really appreceate them! I always liked the Zagg products, but it seems they are just cell phones these days. Went with an Expert Shield from B&H as I had to place an order with them anyway.