Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sammykhalifa, Jul 10, 2014.

1. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Do you guys use a protector for the screens of your touch-sensitive cameras?
  2. TomServo

TomServo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Brandon Jackson
    Yes, I have them on my EM-1. On previous non-touch screen cameras I never worried with them but with this one, it is worth it. Plus these new protectors seem a lot better than a few years ago where they used to make the screen difficult to see clearly. I forget mine is even on my EM-1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    I do on my G3, just to keep the fingerprints down, and make it easier to wipe. Just waited until something qualified for free shipping from Amazon, and then tacked it on the order.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. karma

karma Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I do not. I also do not use them on my phones, tablets, etc. Haven't had any mishaps yet. ::knocks on wood::
    • Like Like x 1
  5. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Yes, the most awesome screen protector ever! Looks like nothing is on the screen!
    Micro Solutions
    • Like Like x 1
  6. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    One more vote for Micro Solutions
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    No screen protector for me. I don't use them on my smartphones, tablets nor my cameras.

Although I take good care of all of the above, they are pretty much thought of as disposable gear that are meant to be used, enjoyed and ultimately replaced in a given amount of time. Digital cameras, smartphones and tablets, to me at least, are not museum relics.

Using some common sense like not putting my phone in my pockets with keys or other sharp objects, keeping my cameras inside a compartment camera bag by itself when not in use, etc... I've yet to have any scratched or damaged screens.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. synthetictone

synthetictone Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I considered it for my GH3 and then decided against it. In my experience, most reduce sensitivity just a tad of the touch ability and are less easy to wipe clean than the glass. So since the GH3 allows me to turn the LCD backwards so screen is not exposed when packing it in a bag with gear... I opted to go without on mine.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    AC MAXX for screen protectors of any type. the best.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. oto02

oto02 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Melbourne, VICTORIA, AU
    As has been said before, no screen protectors for me either.
    I remember back in a days when people kept their TV / VCR remote controllers snagged into plastic bags for years.
    The tv's were depreciated/outdated ready for their journey to the street, but the remotes were brand new. Never understood the points??!!!
    Same point for the camera, tablets, smartphones. Where the case permits and they can be looked after, I think there is no need of those sterile "condoms".
    I got my cameras and lenses for years and there is no scratch at all on any of them and to be frank I like to feeling of touching the screens.
    My two cents point anyway.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jjinh

jjinh Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2014
    Yes, so I dont have to worry about accidental scratches to the screen
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Always, just like with filters on lenses.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    I use the cheapest ones I can find, usually $5 for a 3 pack. Much like filters I think screen protectors are overpriced for what they are.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    I always use them if only to maintain more resale value. Cheap ones work as long as they fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Thanks everyone. I'd noticed that my screen is already starting to show marks (probably just needs cleaned), and was weighing the benefits of getting one compared to maybe losing a little sensitivity as well as getting the application cleanly done. This helps.