1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Screen Protector on a G3

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ekso, Oct 18, 2012.

1. ekso

ekso Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 30, 2012
    Wondering if there are any recommendations for a G3 screen protector availaible in UK, that will be anti-glare, fingerprint proof, and allow touch funtions.

Most of the ebay ones state they are ok for G3, but the detail has text like "no bubbles on your phone", getting me to think it is not for the G3.

ps. of course, I can close the lid, but I am looking for a screen protector !

thanks

2. micz87

micz87 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    EU
    Simply buy good screen protector for large mobile phone and cut it down to size of Your G3 screen ;) I have done in the same way and it works great :)

3. ekso

ekso Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 30, 2012
    Hi. Not sure if its as simple as that. Not sure what type of touch mechanism we have on the G3. So not sure if it should be capacitive or resistive.

4. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    The screen on all Panasonic Touchscreens is resistive (except the gH3 which is the first capacitive implementation) which is why all Panasonic Touchscreens work far better if you use a thumbnail rather than the surface of you finger or thumb to use them (and also why a plastic stylus is included with the cameras)
    Rob

5. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012

Thanks for that, Rob.

I bought my G3 used and it didn't come with a stylus. It doesn't matter because I don't use the touchscreen, preferring to use menus. I would like to fit my G3's screen with a glass protector but that would prevent me folding the LCD against the camera back.

6. ekso

ekso Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 30, 2012
    Thanks for the info. Will try to source a non-iPhone type.