Screen protector for E-PL2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jcdoss, Mar 27, 2011.

1. jcdoss

jcdoss Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2011
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    I need some suggestions for a good screen protector for the E-PL2.

I received a 3" Zagg protector on Friday, that turns out to be significantly smaller than the 3" screen on the camera. I guess 3" is the video display, not the covering glass.

Suggestions welcome.

2. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    I'm interested in the same thing. What are you guys using?

3. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    I normally dont like to use protectors, but for odd shapes it is best to get a larger one designed for a tablet etc & cut to fit...

4. wonglp

wonglp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2011
    Singapore
    i use a cheap iphone screen protector and cut to fit.

5. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Het, BTW if you search for the PL2 on Ebay, someone is selling pre-cut protectors (cheap too)

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

7. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Check out this company (which sells on eBay too):

ACMAXX Products

Anytime I get a new camera and I want to protect the LCD I go with this. This is the type of screen protector that will allow your device to be hit with a blunt object (not TOO hard) and show no signs of abuse.

They provide a custom fitted one for the E-PL2 (along with a bunch of other Olympus bodies).
    http://www.acmaxx.net/olympus_epl2.html

PS: I am not affiliated with them, but have purchased so many of their protectors for my cameras and have never had one fail me in any way.

8. tadzima

tadzima Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 26, 2010
    United States - Alaska
  9. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I bought cheap plastic protectors that were meant to be cut for the EPL1, and they were close, but just a little too big. So I had to cut them anyway.
    Those cheap ones were in fact fairly useless so I didn't end up using them.

10. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

GGS screen protector for E-P1/E-P2 works fine

I recently installed a GGS LCD Screen Protector on my E-PL2. As far as I can tell, GGS doesn't actually make a protector specifically for an E-PL2, but I risked all of $8 on the E-P1/E-P2 protector on eBay to see if it would fit.

The protector frames the display portion of the LCD screen perfectly, leaving about 2mm of the screen uncovered on the left side and 5mm uncovered on the right side (the display portion of the screen is not centered in the LCD, but offset to the left, oddly enough) and covers the screen from top to bottom. Installation was simple, the protector seems secure and visibility is unimpaired.

11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I've just been using left over iPhone protectors....

12. cheekymissn

cheekymissn New to Mu-43

Mar 21, 2011
    Screen patronus (they have an eBay store - http://myworld.ebay.com/screenpatronus2 ) are great they are inexpensive, the right size and the screen protector can be taken off, washed and replaced.