1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Screen Protector for E-P3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by crsnydertx, Nov 25, 2011.

1. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I believe this has been discussed before but my attempts to find an earlier thread were unsuccessful. What screen protector works well for the E-P3? Is there a GGS model available? Importantly, can you use a protector and still retain touch screen capability?

Thanks in advance for info and/or a link!

2. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    I am still waiting on ACMAXX to bring about their EP3 screen protector. My friend has one from Amazon or eBay I don't remember the brand but he can still use his touch screen with the screen protector on. Kinda like with the iPhone and touchscreen phone screen protectors.

3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Thanks, VinVin!

Any other experiences/recommendations?

4. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

My e-p3 came with some Vivitar universal screen protectors. You have to cut them to size yourself. They work fine, but mine came off because I cut it a hair too big and it got caught on my clothing while wearing the camera on a neck strap. I should put another one on but I'm lazy.

You can find universal protectors just about anywhere they sell electronics these days.

5. dennisk

dennisk Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Dennis
  6. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

7. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    I bought a $4 LCD protector with no brand and I can still use touchscreen. The LCD performance with or without the protector is the same and it doesn't use glue

8. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    I've used a protector called screenpatronus on my dslr's and m43's.
    They are easy to apply, easy to remove, cheap, clear and my E-P3 screens works fine with them. They're made to measure for different cameras.

9. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    A hard screen protector sounds nice but i worry about practical application. Funny that their actual site says the ep-3 ones are still in process and nothing can be bought yet... They really should update their site haha. I was more leaning towards those flimsy ones that stick on by static, kinda like the ones on my iphone. I'm no good with those universal ones as i cannot cut straight for beans haha. Maybe i'll just get the ones off amazon or ebay that my friend has. He told me it works no problem :D 

10. siahal

siahal New to Mu-43

Oct 27, 2011
    Darwin, Australia
    I've tried one of those thick screen protector on my ep3 from ebay, but i lost my touch screen. Now i use the screen protector from iphone.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    I cut a protector from one made for an I-phone seems to work a bit better than the cheepo ones that I have been useing.

12. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Delkin do a good protector/sunshade, they are done by size rather than model.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.