Screen Protector for E-P3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by crsnydertx, Nov 25, 2011.

1. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I believe this has been discussed before but my attempts to find an earlier thread were unsuccessful. What screen protector works well for the E-P3? Is there a GGS model available? Importantly, can you use a protector and still retain touch screen capability?

Thanks in advance for info and/or a link!

2. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    I am still waiting on ACMAXX to bring about their EP3 screen protector. My friend has one from Amazon or eBay I don't remember the brand but he can still use his touch screen with the screen protector on. Kinda like with the iPhone and touchscreen phone screen protectors.

3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Thanks, VinVin!

Any other experiences/recommendations?

4. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

My e-p3 came with some Vivitar universal screen protectors. You have to cut them to size yourself. They work fine, but mine came off because I cut it a hair too big and it got caught on my clothing while wearing the camera on a neck strap. I should put another one on but I'm lazy.

You can find universal protectors just about anywhere they sell electronics these days.

5. dennisk

dennisk Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Dennis
    Like this one? ACMAXX 3.0" Thick Film LCD SCREEN ARMOR PROTECTOR Olympus E-P3 EP3 EP 3 | eBay

6. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

7. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    I bought a $4 LCD protector with no brand and I can still use touchscreen. The LCD performance with or without the protector is the same and it doesn't use glue

8. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    I've used a protector called screenpatronus on my dslr's and m43's.
    They are easy to apply, easy to remove, cheap, clear and my E-P3 screens works fine with them. They're made to measure for different cameras.

9. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    A hard screen protector sounds nice but i worry about practical application. Funny that their actual site says the ep-3 ones are still in process and nothing can be bought yet... They really should update their site haha. I was more leaning towards those flimsy ones that stick on by static, kinda like the ones on my iphone. I'm no good with those universal ones as i cannot cut straight for beans haha. Maybe i'll just get the ones off amazon or ebay that my friend has. He told me it works no problem :D

10. siahal

siahal New to Mu-43

Oct 27, 2011
    Darwin, Australia
    I've tried one of those thick screen protector on my ep3 from ebay, but i lost my touch screen. Now i use the screen protector from iphone.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    I cut a protector from one made for an I-phone seems to work a bit better than the cheepo ones that I have been useing.

12. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Delkin do a good protector/sunshade, they are done by size rather than model.