Screen problems

kakashi169

New to Mu-43
Hi all

I am not sure how this happened but I asked some of my photographer friends and they said I got oil underneath the screen.

Thoughts?

14833501894_d60ee6b3e6_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And yeah, I didn't put a screen protector on. *facepalm.

Thanks for looking.

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Oil from where?

Hi all

I am not sure how this happened but I asked some of my photographer friends and they said I got oil underneath the screen.

And yeah, I didn't put a screen protector on. *facepalm.

Thanks for looking.

Oil? Where would oil come from? No oily residue elsewhere on the camera?

Are you sure this isn't just some air bubbles that formed under the screen protector?
I've had several cameras and never used any screen protectors - just no need for them.
So you woke up one day and this just appeared?
What were you doing when it appeared?

gugarci

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bill
I used to keep the screen protector that came with my D300 on all the time. One day I removed it to clean some spots that were on the LCD & went I removed to my surprise some moisture that must of sneak past the protector in the past left permanent spots on my LCD. No longer use any kind of protector but that doesn't mean one would not have protected your body.
Good Luck.

kakashi169

New to Mu-43
Hmmmm

No oily residue elsewhere on the camera. Maybe its the lamination coming off? Not sure.

I placed it in a box in my trunk when I was going out so that it won't fly around. The box had a cloth and some MISC things like windex.

I took it in my home and didn't notice it until then. Friend said it maybe oil that went in.

Then again, I am pretty noob. So any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the replies.

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
If the cloth had some type of liquid on it, than it's quite possible it damaged the LCD's face plate. Windex is ammonia based, which is not recommended as a cleaner of LCD panels.

Conrad

Mu-43 Veteran
I have the same with my GX1 after storing it for a month in a bag. My guess is that the top layer has delaminated due to plastic softeners emitted by other materials. It does not look nice, but the camera is fully functional.

S

synthetictone

I'm thinking the Windex was bumped and sprayed a little and combined with heat from being in the trunk or maybe just the heat but I am just guessing.

kakashi169

New to Mu-43
Thanks for all the replies guys. I really appreciate it.

Too bad for my camera, it still works fine and I love the design.

Latest threads

Top Bottom