1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Screen calibration on PC laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cuervo.taylor, Jun 14, 2013.

1. cuervo.taylor

cuervo.taylor Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    hi,

I was wondering if there is any other method to do the best possible screen calibration without an external device. How you guys do it?

I havea hp spectre xt, when I bought it the screen was pretty disapointing. YEsterday I took a book of photos I liked and searched for the same photos on the internet and then tweaked the graphic card to make what my eyes see like the most similar to the colors in the book, maybe that is a simple and decent way to calibrate my screen what do you think?

2. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

IMO.. not possible to do it adequately (my expectations) without external hardware. You've got too things stacked against you... the display on the laptop and trying to calibrate it without hardware.

I've seen used spyder 2 units go on ebay for less than $20 USD. I see no reason not to have one.

Most laptop displays are geared towards battery consumption and packaging AND the surrounding lighting conditions are always changing given the nature of being portable. If on the road, bring the calibrator with you and calibrate it in the current lighting conditions just before final edit. Ideally, final edit should be done on a good (calibrated) external monitor.