Scottish light and shadow

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Glenn, thank you so much for these. I can feel my Scottish roots stirring as I look at these - especially your first. Can you tell us where you took these? Fantastic light shining down through the clouds and there's something about the moored boat with the red buoy that makes that first one more than "just" a beautiful scene. As corny as it sounds, it seems to anchor it and make it more real, to me, if that makes any sense to you.

All are lovely - however your first and third are my two favorites.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
One and Four do it for me, a shaft of light shining on the building in one would have lifted it to the category of magical. Is it wishful thinking on my part to assume that that's a Golden Eagle in four at the very top just right of centre, or is it a Buzzard which I am familiar with?

Barrie

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Glenn, thank you so much for these. I can feel my Scottish roots stirring as I look at these - especially your first. Can you tell us where you took these? Fantastic light shining down through the clouds and there's something about the moored boat with the red buoy that makes that first one more than "just" a beautiful scene. As corny as it sounds, it seems to anchor it and make it more real, to me, if that makes any sense to you.

All are lovely - however your first and third are my two favorites.
Thanks, pleased you like them. They were taken last week at the Onich Hotel, near Fort William, looking across Loch Linnhe. Onich is one of my regular haunts especially because of the magical scenery.

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Is it wishful thinking on my part to assume that that's a Golden Eagle in four at the very top just right of centre, or is it a Buzzard which I am familiar with?

Barrie
Don't think it's an eagle, probably a buzzard

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom