Scott Kelby's 2012 Photo Walk with Olympus 75mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by jgharold, Oct 13, 2012.

1. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. marcl

marcl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2012
    Nice shots. It's the next lens on my list.
  3. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    It is worth saving for. Whilst it is not a focal length I would normally look to by a prime lens at. I can honestly say that it is only because what we are taught and told. Once you have this lens on your body, you will just want to keep shooting.
  4. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Thanks for this, glad it suits your style of photography. If I could readily afford it, it would be in my bag for sure. Even only it's capability for outdoor portraits would justify the price for me. As it stands, other things have to go first to raise funds...
  5. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    You literally can't give vinyl records away nowadays.
    The Freddie Mercury single is the Great Pretender.
  6. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Hey, I'll take any vinyl records off anyone's hands. We throw em up in the air and blast them with 12 gauge. :tongue:
  7. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    thanks, i think this might be my next lens, esp. cuz i can get it for around 815 euro now (retail price is 950 euro normally)

and i do quite some concert and indoor photography, it must be great for that too ?
  8. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    I am sure it would be fantastic for concerts. It is a fantastically bright and sharp. AF is fast a produces great bokeh.
  9. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Nice shots! I am getting more and more tempted by this lens the more I visit your blog!
  10. OccamsRazor

OccamsRazor New to Mu-43

Oct 17, 2012
    Nice shots. Interesting you used this as a walkabout lens. But like you say, it's what we've been taught. I recently added an OMD-EM5 to my bag. This lens is on my lust list. I'll probably get the 45/1.8 first, though. It would be fun for me to try and use the 75 as a street lens.