Schneider Xenar 45mm f2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by AlexK, Apr 3, 2012.

1. AlexK

AlexK Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 25, 2012
    I picked up this little lens at local flee market for $3 !! Made an attempt to adapt it to my GH1 using a m39 adapter and a piece of plastic tube that happen to fit right in with minimal adjustment. I believe it was a leg from a plastic storage shelf.:smile: Came out pretty cute.

And here's some images taken with it. Considering the price and minimal effort, not bad at all, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Cool! Great lens, from the look of your photos!
  3. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Nice lens. Price was a steal. I picked up a 50mm f.35 a few weeks ago but bought an adapter.
    Your lens--and images--look great!
  4. LVL8hacker

LVL8hacker Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Pinehurst, North Carolina
    Larry Anderson
  5. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    you've definitely have my interest as well

I was not aware of an f.35 but I'd honestly never looked for anything with an aperture of that size. Is the bokeh amazing? Please provide pic's
  6. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    The DIY adapter came out nice and seems to work well. If you go to look for a metal adapter, look for M43/DKL adapters.

The 45mm was the "standard" lens for the Kodak Instamatic Reflex. If interested in a little history, you can start here: Kodak Instamatic Reflex

Some other lenses that would fit the same mount can be found here: Lenses_for_Retina_Reflex_S

I would think the 28mm, 25mm, and 2.8 50mm would all be small and light enough for your mount. The longer lenses would be a bit iffy. The lenses are all good quality and give nice results but because of the Retina Reflex design, they tend to be slow and not very close focusing compared to later lenses. I have the S-K 28mm, 35mm, 45mm, both 50's (1.9 & 2.8), 135mm, and 200mm.
  7. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Sorry, that was a is an f3.5, not f.35.
  8. jff1625

jff1625 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    The bokeh in the first pic, of the Kodak, looks pretty tasty. Lets see some more bokeh shots from this lens!