Schneider-Kreuznach Robot Xenon 40mm f/1.9 goes to Cronulla

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by PeterB666, Aug 8, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    My little Schneider has been busy again. The last shots I took at Wollongong were a little fuzzy and I had trouble focusing at infinity. I don't know what was wrong as it seems acceptable now.

These were all shot at f/8 (from vague memory) with the focus ring set to infinity. The sweet spot for focus appears to be around 10 to 20 metres away so I guess there is some issue with the adapter but I can live with that.

Here are some architectural shots from Cronulla. This is the bathing pavilion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Hi Peter, good pics and good news with the tiny lens from the famous Schneider, Kreuznach factory!
    Last year in Prague I had the opportunity to buy a ROBOT halfframe together with a screwmount Schneider Xenon. Therefore the question of the adaptor.
    Is it C-mount to m4/3?

Thanks in advance!

3. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    It is a 2 piece adapter. The first piece is C-mount adapter with an extended rim and 3 grub screws. The 2nd piece is a flange that takes the Robot lens. The grub screw arrangement allows you to accurate align the top of the lens relative the camera.

Link to the seller... Hawks Factory on eBay

• Like Like x 2
  4. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Nice pics of a rewarding subject. I think I'd try something in black-and-white of these. I'm surprised by the high contrast; is the lens as contrasty as the native ยต4/3 lenses or do you have to bump up contrast in postprocessing?

5. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Contrast depends very much on the lighting. It has some fairly simple coating on the glass but it is no match for a modern lens. Light in Australia does tend to be very contrasty and with the sun up and no cloud the lighting is harsh.

I used the histogram to get the best exposure. These lenses were very expensive in their day so part of its ability can be put down to that.

Cheers

Peter

• Like Like x 4