1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Scenes from Germany

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by BigTam, Aug 11, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I so want to visit, especially also Austria and the mountains area. I've connected through Frankfurt and was in Berlin at Christmas (wonderful!) but I want to see the countryside, castles and mountains.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Thanks for sharing the photos. I was in the Baltic Coast, Hamburg and Berlin last month, and really enjoyed my visit. I rally like the photos of the backlit church and the quintessentially German image of the server with a tray full of beer mugs. Great shots.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    +1. Those were among several that caught my eye. Very well done set.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    The church in Genhofen shot has considerable flare, but it somehow doesn't detract as much as I thought.

written on Forum Runner

5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Wow TimTam I feel very honored to have all these pictures posted for me! I think I need to go and find some flights...

No. 11 is my favourite. Great colours and it exudes European character, totally different to our Aussie corragated iron. The picture of the steins brings back memories from experiencing Oktoberfest ... And that massive pork knuckle... Yum.

Do you get into the barvarian tradition or are you a 'northerner' so to speek.:wink:

Here's my Aussie friend wearing a dirndl
    https://www.mu-43.com/f57/young-molly-wearing-dirndl-traditional-bavarian-dress-28878/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Wow.. Love them

• Like Like x 1
  7. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    What a beautiful country, it looks like something out of a fairy tale. Thanks so much for allowing us to see some of it. I hope you'll post more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    I'm Scottish, but have lived in Germany for nearly 40 years now. I've travelled throughout Germany and our children are in Cologne, Berlin and Munich. I can't spend too much time on photographing while travelling, out of respect for my better half, but I enjoy documenting our trips.

Thanks for all the kind words: I'll try to post more soon!