Scan line problem. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gunstarhero, Dec 5, 2012.

1. gunstarhero

gunstarhero New to Mu-43

Dec 4, 2012
    I love my OM-D like everyone else but it seems to act weird every now and then and it gives me these scan lines in my photos. I dont know how else to descibe them. It only happens every now and then and turning it off and removing the lens usually fixes the problem. I have had these appear on paid jobs before and it is very frustrating. Should I send it in to olympus? It can be difficult to replicate the problem. Oh and it also appears in video.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/miadoug/8246607411/" title="Scan lines by douggarlandfilms, on Flickr"> 8246607411_d196f35821. "500" height="333" alt="Scan lines"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/miadoug/8246607491/" title="Scan lines by douggarlandfilms, on Flickr"> 8246607491_0101db74b5. "333" height="500" alt="Scan lines"></a>

2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    What lens? All/any of them?

I'd consider sending a few sample images to Olympus tech support, see what they make of it.

3. gunstarhero

gunstarhero New to Mu-43

Dec 4, 2012
    Thanks for the advice. I will send them some photos. The problem has come up on pretty much every lens I have. 45,20,14,12-50.

4. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Definitely looks like an electronics problem. Given that it is intermittent, it's probably a bad contact somewhere in a connector. When this would happen to me, I'd tap the camera with the plastic end of a screwdriver to see if it goes away. If it persists, I'd send it in and pray.

5. Vincen77o

Vincen77o Mu-43 Regular

Nov 3, 2012
    St. Albans, Herts
    Nasty. Not that it matters, but does it disappear once the sensor has 'warmed up'. I'd still get it exchanged, wrong-un.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I would send it in to Olympus. That is not normal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.