Say hello to my little friend

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Oopsydaisy74, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Oopsydaisy74

Oopsydaisy74 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Will
    Just replaced my GH2 with this little baby. Wasn't using the video capabilities of the GH2 as much and I wanted to go with a smaller body. Definitely wanted to stay Panasonic as I figured the menus would be pretty similar. Very solid feel to it. Only things I would change is make the grip a little more pronounced and make the EVF built-in with eye sensor. G3/5 is almost there, but too similar to GH2. I find I prefer this style of body to the SLR type. Don't get me wrong, the GH2 was an awesome camera, just didn't shoot as much as I should have because of it's size. And I had gone from a 7D to the GH2, which was already a big reduction in size. Haven't gotten a chance to take her out, but hopefully tomorrow. Love the PL25, btw. Looking into getting the 14, now that I have this tiny body. Then when the 35-100 is released, I'll save my pennies for that to "complete" my glass collection. Excuse my crappy iPhone pics and enjoy your weekend, everyone

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Hi.. I just saw this and ordered one immediately . I also love this camera some how and this is the only Panny camera I love .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

3. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Nice tricked out GX1. Looks hardcore..but not a subtle little street shooter, but highly capable. Definitely get that 14mm.

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

I would normally just carry only lens for street shooting and avoid using VF as it gives camera a more serious look. I normally use PL25 or OLy 45 mm one . I wanna get 14-45 Panny instead of 14 mm one actually.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Sweeeeeettttt.. Enjoy...

6. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
  7. emptysensor

emptysensor Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Virginia
    Joe
    Great choice. I love my GX1 and feel that the EVF is an absolute must in some situations, but it's also great to remove it when needed. Kinda hard to do that with a GH or G5/3. It's strange but sometimes the relatively small size difference between the GH (I had a GH1) and GX1 (without the EVF) takes you from looking like you are out on an official picture taking trip to just out having a good time and you happen to have a camera. I think this can affect whether subjects take notice or just let you fade into the background.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Very nice setup. :thumbup:

9. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    My two m4/3 bodies are am OM-D and a GX1 that has the LVF2 mounted essentially full time. It's a great complement for the OM-D.

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Congratulations! - The GX1 is definitely my favorite of the Panasonic bodies :smile: :cool:

On the other hand, I find the above statement by you to be most interesting....:smile:

11. Oopsydaisy74

Sep 6, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Will
    I think that I will shoot more because the camera will be with me more often than the GH2, but I guess time will tell

12. Loksi

Loksi Mu-43 Regular

Aug 1, 2010
    Sydney
    Ross
    I think you'll love the GX1. I'm recently new to it as well, coming from the GF1 and GH2. I feel that I'll probably spend more time with the GX1 now, but wonder if I should keep the GH2 for those times when I need to carry my 100-300mm (it feels a little 'big' on the GX1 but not impossible). I was surprised to find the GX1 seemed a fair bit smaller than the GF1 but I'm quickly getting used to it. The Leica 25mm is a very nice companion on the GX1, isn't it? Congratulations on your new 'little friend'. Great choice! :thumbup:

13. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Know what you mean

Congratulations, it is a great combo and 1 that I have and enjoy using very much.

I did get the Ever ready case and use the half case which adds a larger grip feel and sits much better in the hand - the 25mm is a superb lens to use with the GX1 and the EVF is also miles apart from the old EVF1.

Here is mine in the case:

[​IMG]

14. Oopsydaisy74

Sep 6, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Will
    Very nice, Ian

15. Oopsydaisy74

Sep 6, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Will
    Thanks, Loksi. Yes, I think the camera and lens complement each other well.

16. nseika

nseika Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Lois
    Pretty little friend isn't it ?
    Although a different direction from Fuji's X or OM-D, I think the GX is the prettiest of mirrorless camera out so far. :)

Anyone know if there's accessory bottom plate to hang the camera strap to the side like M5 ?
    Don't really like hanging it from the neck :D

17. Reactions

Reactions Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Norcal
    Gabe
    Question why do you have a uv filter? On your first photo ? Protect the glass?

18. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Sweet lil rig, man! I've been trying to resist the lure, but feel a weakening resistance.

19. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Sexy rig

20. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2011
    Ashland, OR USA
    David
    Yeah, I went from the GH2 to a GX1 for very similar reasons. Haven't regretted that decision in the least.

David

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.