Saw the E-P5 this weekend

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by brlowe, May 13, 2013.

1. brlowe

brlowe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Boise, ID
    They were having a Sale at Samy's this weekend and the rep from Olympus hada E-P5 there to show off. I got to play with it for a few minutes. It is very nice and the focus peaking is great. They did not have the new EVF there to see so I do not know how that looks.
    I had already planned on upgrading my E-PL2 this year and I think that will be my next upgrade. I will wait til the end of the year to do it as I hope the price comes down.

2. E-P5 LCD size question

Am curious, since you are a fellow E-PL2 owner. How does the size of the E-P5 screen compare with that of the E-PL2? I too have been considering either upgrading to the EP5 or simply buying one - but I've been spoiled by the LCD screen of the PL2 which is large, sharp, and fabulous. And also, apparently, not in the dinky 16:9 format of most of the other 'newer' Pens including the E-P3 and the E-PL5 ....

So - how would you compare the LCD screens of these two?

Thanks.

3. Johnny_Alucard

Johnny_Alucard Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    I spent a good couple of hours with the E-P5 yesterday, it's really great and VF-4 is AWESOME! I don't have an E-PL2 to compare with, but the E-P5 screen is basically the same as the E-M5, but thinner. It tilts in exactly the same way, hopefully it doesn't crack the same way :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.