1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Saw the E-P5 this weekend

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by brlowe, May 13, 2013.

1. brlowe

brlowe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Boise, ID
    They were having a Sale at Samy's this weekend and the rep from Olympus hada E-P5 there to show off. I got to play with it for a few minutes. It is very nice and the focus peaking is great. They did not have the new EVF there to see so I do not know how that looks.
    I had already planned on upgrading my E-PL2 this year and I think that will be my next upgrade. I will wait til the end of the year to do it as I hope the price comes down.

2. MiguelATF

MiguelATF Mu-43 Veteran

E-P5 LCD size question

Am curious, since you are a fellow E-PL2 owner. How does the size of the E-P5 screen compare with that of the E-PL2? I too have been considering either upgrading to the EP5 or simply buying one - but I've been spoiled by the LCD screen of the PL2 which is large, sharp, and fabulous. And also, apparently, not in the dinky 16:9 format of most of the other 'newer' Pens including the E-P3 and the E-PL5 ....

So - how would you compare the LCD screens of these two?

Thanks.

3. Johnny_Alucard

Johnny_Alucard Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    I spent a good couple of hours with the E-P5 yesterday, it's really great and VF-4 is AWESOME! I don't have an E-PL2 to compare with, but the E-P5 screen is basically the same as the E-M5, but thinner. It tilts in exactly the same way, hopefully it doesn't crack the same way :smile: