1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sandy from BC Canada

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by SandyO, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

1. I reside in the S.E. corner of British Columbia nestled against the western edge of the Rockies. Been a photography nut for going on 50 years and shot with all sorts of film cameras, advanced point and shoots and DSLR's as well. Even did the darkroom thing until digital came along. Downsized from the bulkiness of the DSLR back to a long zoom point and shoot and was never happy with the soft focus, especially at longer zoom levels so I purchased an OM-D E M10 Mk II several months ago with a 12 - 42 and the 75 - 300. I spend a lot of time with a backpack on so this seems to suit me very well. And big shout out to @Bob T@Bob T for recommending this site. Hope to learn lots. Some recent photos ....enjoy.

AutoOrnament by soates50, on Flickr

45488763394_7c17e68da5_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    AutoOrnament by soates50, on Flickr

45488638804_69090acf39_b.jpg
    WhaleFluke by soates50, on Flickr

45299717515_214d071555_b.jpg
    Purple by soates50, on Flickr

45299700705_a22a053652_b.jpg
    Swallow by soates50, on Flickr

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 2:34 PM
    • Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hendrik

Hendrik Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Wayland MA
    Welcome to the forum! Sounds and looks like you'll fit right in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LilSebastian

LilSebastian Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Pasadena, CA
    Welcome! I have the very same camera and it continues to surprise me every day. You may enjoy watching some of the YouTube videos by Rob Trek on your camera to get a better understanding of the menus and features.

4. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2013
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Welcome to the forum!
    Lots of really nice photos on your Flickr! Looking forward to your contributions :) 

5. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Welcome! BC is becoming well represented here.

6. Bob T

Bob T Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Knoxville, TN
    Welcome Sandy. Glad to have helped you find your way here.

Nice pictures, BTW....

7. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome to the community, and thanks for sharing some pictures. Really love that bird shot!

8. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Welcome! The nature in BC is just so amazing so I can't wait to see more of your pictures. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Nov 18, 2011

Welcome!! :) 

10. Hi Sandy and welcome to the forum. You have posted some great pictures for a first post and I'm sure you will be very welcome on here.

11. Thanks for the warm welcome and kudos for my pics. Looked around the site last night and there is a lot of amazing photography and information here. Always more to learn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.