Sandisk Extreme UHS-1 micro/SDHC/XC cards on sales at Best Buy (64GB $49.99, 32GB $24.99)

hookgrip

Mu-43 Regular
Amazon has price matched many of these, in case you prefer Amazon over Best Buy :)

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
Those prices are gone already.
64GB 45MB/s for $200 - it's nicknamed Worst Buy for the reason.

TheRenaissanceMan

Mu-43 Regular
Those prices are gone already.
64GB 45MB/s for $200 - it's nicknamed Worst Buy for the reason.

A few things, just to set the record straight:

A. It was on their website as "Deal of the Day." Were you expecting an extension?

B. BB price matches, including Amazon and B&H. All you have to do is show them the price on your phone and they'll adjust it at the register.

C. Even if they didn't, $200 is the non-sale price, which is almost never what they're actually selling for. It just looks better on the tag to have "On Sale from $199.99!"

D. The cards on sale are the new Extreme Plus, which are 60mbps write speed and 80 mbps read speed.

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
A. It was on their website as "Deal of the Day." Were you expecting an extension?
- Yes, because thread says nothing about this being One Day deal.
B. BB price matches, including Amazon and B&H. All you have to do is show them the price on your phone and they'll adjust it at the register.
- What's the point to drive to Worst Buy, stay in line, argue with tired underpayed customer rep when I can buy it here and now and even save on taxes in many states.
C. Even if they didn't, $200 is the non-sale price, which is almost never what they're actually selling for. It just looks better on the tag to have "On Sale from $199.99!"
- because it's Worst Buy! :biggrin:
D. The cards on sale are the new Extreme Plus, which are 60mbps write speed and 80 mbps read speed.
- No, 45 MB/s - check links from OP.

TheRenaissanceMan

Mu-43 Regular

- What's the point to drive to Worst Buy, stay in line, argue with tired underpayed customer rep when I can buy it here and now and even save on taxes in many states.

It says it on the website. And what's the point of ever going to a brick and mortar store? Walking out with the card today. And as someone who works at Best Buy, I sort of resent the stereotype you're throwing on us employees. I have never seen or even heard of an employee arguing with a customer over matching a price. We do it all day. It's our whole thing. Also, I bought two of the 64GB cards here in the store, and both were the 80mbps variety.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
And what's the point of ever going to a brick and mortar store? Walking out with the card today.
- If you're lucky. Out of 10 Worst Buys around Chicago only 3 have 64 GB card in stock.

And as someone who works at Best Buy, I sort of resent the stereotype you're throwing on us employees. I have never seen or even heard of an employee arguing with a customer over matching a price. We do it all day. It's our whole thing.
- How about to bring prices to the reasonable level of other competitors and don't waste time on matching? May be because Worst Buy is fishing on people who unaware of real prices?

Also, I bought two of the 64GB cards here in the store, and both were the 80mbps variety.
Great to know that even with a "deal" I would be screwed getting 45 MB card and they don't even list 80 MB cards on the site - Worst Buy for sure.

PS: I cannot stop laughing at WB price history for this poor 64 GB card: http://camelbuy.com/product/4807118?utm_campaign=firefox_ext&utm_source=&utm_medium=camelizer

TheRenaissanceMan

Mu-43 Regular
- If you're lucky. Out of 10 Worst Buys around Chicago only 3 have 64 GB card in stock.

- How about to bring prices to the reasonable level of other competitors and don't waste time on matching? May be because Worst Buy is fishing on people who unaware of real prices?

Great to know that even with a "deal" I would be screwed getting 45 MB card and they don't even list 80 MB cards on the site - Worst Buy for sure.

PS: I cannot stop laughing at WB price history for this poor 64 GB card: http://camelbuy.com/product/4807118?utm_campaign=firefox_ext&utm_source=&utm_medium=camelizer

Look man, I'm not the company. I just resent the way you painted us employees with such a broad brush. At the risk of sounding very "company man," my coworkers and I work really hard to educate (mostly clueless) customers about cameras, find something they'll like (more art than science), and give them the best deal we can (even at the expense of good margin). I don't know when you were last at the store or if you live near a particularly bad one--which, I'll admit, is fully possible--but the company's put a lot more focus on competitive pricing and building a base of happy return customers than on forcing sub par DSLRs on the ignorant and reaming them for huge profit. We actually have about 2 dozen pro/enthusiasts (including this great guy named Mike, who you may know as the writer and editor of The Online Photographer) who come to us specifically because we know our stuff and treat them right price-wise. So you may understand how the mockery gets under my skin.

Just a perspective to consider. No hard feelings. :)

Zee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Surry Hills, Aus/ Baguio & Manila, Philippines
Don't you guys have the corner cheap PC store that sells cheap computer stuff over there? I bought a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s yesterday for $55 in Sydney... I was actually annoyed because I had ordered one online a few days ago for $70...

Now I don't feel so bad, looking at that link, BestBuy wants over $160 for the same thing!!!

Maybe I should start an Extreme Pro SD card smuggling ring...

Z...

TheRenaissanceMan

Mu-43 Regular
In fairness, I do hate the way we price SD cards. I don't think I've ever sold one at list price. They introduced the SanDisk Pixtor cards last year, which were supposed to be an exclusive Sandisk branding which would be offered in stores at prices competitive to online retailers. Instead, they put the Pixtor cards next to the normal SanDisk and switched the same mediocre sale back and forth every week. It's ridiculous, and doesn't help our credibility one iota.

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
Look man, I'm not the company. I just resent the way you painted us employees with such a broad brush. At the risk of sounding very "company man," my coworkers and I work really hard to educate (mostly clueless) customers about cameras, find something they'll like (more art than science), and give them the best deal we can (even at the expense of good margin). I don't know when you were last at the store or if you live near a particularly bad one--which, I'll admit, is fully possible--but the company's put a lot more focus on competitive pricing and building a base of happy return customers than on forcing sub par DSLRs on the ignorant and reaming them for huge profit. We actually have about 2 dozen pro/enthusiasts (including this great guy named Mike, who you may know as the writer and editor of The Online Photographer) who come to us specifically because we know our stuff and treat them right price-wise. So you may understand how the mockery gets under my skin.

Just a perspective to consider. No hard feelings. :)

Well, my only reference to employees was "tired and underpaid", I'm sorry if this offended you, but I think offense is on the corporate side (pretty much on every big superstore chain).

tosvus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Well, my only reference to employees was "tired and underpaid", I'm sorry if this offended you, but I think offense is on the corporate side (pretty much on every big superstore chain).

I'm sure that can be said for Amazon too (having seen pictures of their warehouses!) ;)

Honestly though, I really can't hold that much against bestbuy. Yes, most of the time I end up on amazon, but certain larger items, I prefer to wait for a sale on BB or attempt price-match, plus they often have nice financing options for bigger items. Also, if there is something I want today. (even having Prime, there are times I don't want/can wait 2 days for something). The thing with BB is that they do in fact have some great deals, albeit often very short times (but compare to deal of the day at Amazon).

I have a bigger gripe with Walmart, that doesn't even want to pricematch THEIR OWN WEBSITE. (So a couple of times I went across the street to BB, and they had no issues doing so).

Darthpnoy88

Mu-43 Regular
At BBY you just have to come at the right time, as long as you show them proof there pretty much flexible on price matching, despite amazon it's still hard to beat having it physically at the store sometimes.

Hyubie

Unique like everyone else
Real Name
Herbert

Wow - that's too much anger for all the wrong reasons. Are you being angry at the OP for daring to post a one-day sale, and you missing it? And what's with the vitriol towards Best Buy? Some people actually appreciate having the chance to look and hold the product and talk to a person face-to-face before buying stuff. I've found that old people in general are very wary of new technology. Not everyone is as tech-savvy as you. No one's forcing you to go or buy anywhere, right?

Latest threads

Top Bottom