Sandisk 960GB SSD $199 (or less if you use Visa checkout) at Newegg

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by snaimpally, Nov 24, 2015.

1. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Newegg has the Sandisk 960GB SSD on sale for $199.
    SanDisk Ultra II 2.5" 960GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SDSSDHII-960G-G25 -

There is also a Visa checkout promo code "VCOBF15" that takes $10 off $100+ or $25 off $200+. Visa checkout is a an electronic wallet application, like Paypal or Apple Pay. You can create an account for free. Add the drive to your cart, add the promo code, and then select "Visa checkout" to get the discount.

If you want to get $25 off, add a cheap item to put get the cart over $200. For example, you may need a SATA cable to connect the drive:
    Coboc Model SC-SATA3-10-LL-BK -

Why use an SSD? With Win 7 and an i3 processor (or better) you can achieve an 18 second boot time. Read and write operations are much faster when doing post processing, so you'll spend less time waiting for photos or videos to load or be written to disk.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Ahhhh that is super cheap! Ugh, more to buy.

A few years back I bought a 120GB SSD for my boot disk. But I'm constantly hovering around 10-20GB free, which I imagine can't be great for performance. The price is a lot more in Canada, but it's tempting nevertheless...I might just get the 480GB version for $150 CDN...
  3. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    If you have Amazon gift cards to burn, it's the same price there. It's not the fastest drive out there, but a huge upgrade for anyone using HDDs. Hell, I might just bite just to get a bigger boot drive and to dedicate the 256 I have as a scratch drive, heh.
  4. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    thanks for the find, time to change the ssd of my laptop to a bigger one