1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

San Diego Comic Con

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by 13thFloorPhotography, Jul 16, 2013.

1. 13thFloorPhotography

13thFloorPhotography Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Any m43 users going to Comic Con this week?

What's your typical set up and what kind of glass do you bring? As for me, I'm taking the OMD and the Panny 20mm, Oly 45mm and the Rokinon Fisheye.

Here's a little blog post regarding my past experience at the Con. Needless to say, it's frakkin fun.

13th Floor Photography: Comic Con San Diego 2013

2. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I'll be there with my G3. Sadly, I only managed to get tix for Thu and Sun. First time in over 30 years I won't be attending for every day.

I've got pretty much the same lens selection, with the addition of the 45-200 for panels, and if I'm feeling really frisky, an off-camera flash. :)

7653120534_3860e3ff0d_c.
    Larry Marder of "Beanworld" fame. :)
    G3, 45/1.8. off-camera YN-560 in small softbox, triggered with RF-602s.

3. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    I'll be there, I have a table in Artists Alley! Table II-01, come say hi! :)

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    No, no, no, it ain't me, Babe

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Penny!

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Penny!

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Penny!

Nope, no Comic Con for me this year. Or last year. Or the year before that. Or....

Well, ya'll get the idea. Too far from Detroit to make a trip to the comic book store in San Diego :eek:.

I don't do crowds real well anymore and from what I've read about the event "crowded" won't describe it.

I hope those who go post pics, tho. Even though my subscriptions to Spiderman and MAD! ran out some years ago it's still fun to look.

I hope everyone has a great time (and spends some money - California could use the financial boost!).

Regards,

Jim

5. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Hi Tom! (I'll say "Hi" now 'cause it ain't likely I'll be seen at the event :biggrin:).

Could you do a photo of your table and post it?

Regards,

Jim

6. noohoggin1

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    Hi Jim! :) I could, but it'd be an awfully boring photo :p

7. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim

:biggrin:

J

8. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I tell people: imagine Disneyland.
    In August.
    With twice the regular attendance.
    In half the space.

But you need "Disneyland in August" as a baseline guide.

OTOH, once you've done Comic-Con, Disneyland lines are a breeze. :)

Yay Artists' Alley!

BTW, the app's been updated. You can actually access the schedule and dealer's room indicies and maps offline, now. Very useful, given how rare it is to get cell coverage anywhere in the hall, let alone the free wi-fi on the borders outside the dealer's room. The MySched thing is great, but requires a net connection, so I always tend to download it as an iCal thing.

9. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I can't wait to run into some fellow users. I will definitely go to Table II-01 and check out your work.

Inkista - hopefully I run into you. I'll be on a lookout for the great G3.

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Wish I could go but I'm going to have to stick to my local Texas Comic Cons....:frown:

11. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I'll be at the Con. I'll be stuck with the dead most of the day every day though. I hope AMD brings party favors again. I missed it last year. A motherboard and a CPU. I didn't know. I walked by them 10 times. Kills me.

12. noohoggin1

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    Well I arrive in San Diego later this afternoon; hope to meet some of you guys at the show and talk shop! I'll have some of my gear on me. :2thumbs:

13. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    I wish I was going this year. I worked at my company's booth last year so I didn't get to go around much. I also didn't have a camera of my own at that point. I was looking forward to going with my E-M5 this year, but it was not to be.

14. 13thFloorPhotography

Apr 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I was fortunate enough to have the OMD last year and it was a champ. I originally had the Panny 25 and Oly 12-50 lens and it worked out pretty well. Looking forward to running into you guys. Should be at booth 1433 working from time to time with Killer Pumpkins.

15. migs

migs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2012
    RVA
    one day, i will make it to san diego. for now, it'll have to be nyc and philly.

16. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Hannibal Panel at Comic-Con

Oh, I'm just a Fannibal who went to the Pannibal. :) 2.5 hr. wait and I just barely squeaked in before the panel started. Very crowded room.

9405118516_96d255be24_z.
    The panel. Bryan Fuller (showrunner), Martha de Laurentiis (producer), Hugh Dancy (star), and David Slade (director/producer).

9405123356_5324928c50_z.
    Bryan Fuller telling us about all the extras/commentaries on the DVD set.

9402364729_3a10ebe9d2_z.
    Hugh Dancy holding up our freebie for attending the panel: a print of Lecter's drawing of Wound Man.

Of course, who needs pics when the whole thing's up on youtube? :)
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpVPJQodjTE]Hannibal Panel - Comic-Con 2013 - YouTube[/ame].

What did you guys shoot?