1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Samy's In-Store Special: GH2 Kit for $599

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by leungw, Dec 8, 2011.

1. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
  2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    zomg too bad i have neither need nor money to buy another GH2

3. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    With all these GH2 sales, it makes me wonder if GH3 is around the corner...
    Both GH2 and G3 are now essentially same price but you get so much more with GH2, can't see any reason for folks to consider G3 anymore (no practical size advantage, really)

4. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I am tempted, but I'll wait. I think the prices will fall further :).

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I don't need to see threads like this.....my first thought was who do I know in LA?

6. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    damn.... I bought one there just 10 days ago.....at 799..... still it was a bargain at that price

:)

K

7. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    I'll pretend I never saw this.

8. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Is this really a good price?

it doesn't come with that nice lens, which is hte whole point, right?

9. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    It doesn't help that I live like 10 minutes away from their main LA store! Doh!

• Like Like x 1
  10. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    stunning price... if you are at all interested in video this is a must have. If I was still in the US....just landed this evening in belgium.... I would be at samys buying another.

evf is also great for legacy lenses

I am sure a GH3 is imminent... but this is the best bang for buck in micro 4/3 at the moment

I will post some video and shots over the weekend.... but at this moment I am very jet lagged

K

• Like Like x 1
  11. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Awesome price...they are dumping tons of inventory. Makes me think its not just to move the old bundles to make room for 14-42 x kits. Gh3? Additional price drops?

12. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Kinda strange, I wonder if Panasonic has something up their sleeve to counter the NEX-7?

13. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    The GX-1, at least for now.

14. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    So, I just bought my GH2 body-only at a local Los Angeles camera store on the Tuesday right after Thanksgiving. Wonderful store, but I won't mention the name because of what I did.

I bought it for $699. Fast forward to a week later today and Samy's has the same camera WITH lens for $599!? So I called up that store to see if they can match the price. They checked it and said they can't because it's extremely below cost, but since it's only been a week, they would accept a return WITHOUT 15% restocking fee!

So I hurried out of my house, got the GH2 #5 out of 10 at the Fairfax location for the $599, and was able to return the $699 body-only GH2 at the other store.

SCORE!!

15. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    Glad to hear someone benefited from the post. :smile:

16. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    except it's not here to counter the NEX7, but the 5N.

17. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Speaking of the NEX7, at Samys Camera in LA, the Sony rep actually has the NEX7 and I got to play with it. A really, really good camera and a seriously worthy alternative to any of the top of the line Panny/Oly cameras. Felt great in the hand and the Tri-Navi wheels are awesome!

That camera is seriously drool worthy and if it wasn't for the lens choices, would be an mu4/3 killer

18. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Yeah maybe Panasonic has really good manufacturing margins on the GH2. Then again both Oly and Panny must have great margins if they don't mind clearing out their bodies at like 3-400$..

Too bad we never see those firesales on lenses.

19. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    Which is why it's wiser to spend on lenses than on keeping up with the annual release of new camera bodies.

20. Empireme

Empireme Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    LA, CA
    I just got the GH2 from the LA store for 599. Thanks to the op for this post!