1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Samyang Fisheye 7.5 mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by luxco, Jan 30, 2012.

1. luxco

luxco New to Mu-43

Oct 20, 2010
    Hi everyone. I have an odd problem with my new Samyang 7.5 Fisheye. I have two Oly bodies, an E-P2 and an E-PL3. On the E-P2 it seems I'm getting close to 170-180 degrees angle of view. On the E-PL3 it is definitely narrower, maybe even closer to 100 degrees field of view. Is there some explanation for this or some setting to change this on the E-PL3? Anybody else with this type of experience?

Thanks in advance for any advice/info!

luxco

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Possibly could it be the aspect ratio of the LCD on your e-pl3? Or the. Aspect ratio you've set is different than that of your e-p2. Just a guess...

3. luxco

luxco New to Mu-43

Oct 20, 2010
    Thought of that too, they're both at 4:3rds.... Everything I check seems to be the same on both, although there is certainly a lot to check! Something I'm missing??

4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I'm not certain, someone like Ned maybe able to confirm or negate...the e-pl3 screen is 16:9 ratio while e-p2 is not. Are you finding the same issue if you compare both camera shots on a monitor?

5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Post some screenshots of both so we can compare. Make sure the EXIF data is intact.

6. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Could it be that your E-PL3 has the digital zoom enabled?
    It happened to me with the 14-42.

7. meekthabeast

meekthabeast Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 30, 2012
    I am using this lens on my PL3 with no issues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.