Samyang announces a 35mm f/1.4 lens.

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
It is MF and comes in Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Samsung NX and Sony alpha plus 4/3 so will need an adapter for :43:.

No prices yet but I have their 8mm FE and they are solidly built so I'm interested. More detail at DPR.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I would be more interested in lenses designed specifically for u4/3 than modified 35mm lenses myself. We end up paying for a larger image circle and a larger lens body we do not need. It starts to defeat the purpose of the smaller camera in the first place.

We should have small, fast lenses, not big ones for the u4/3 mount.

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
Found a link to the Samyang site.

BB have seen Don's post and he is paying me double. Narnian you are correct - the angle of view on 4/3 is less than APS-c. This lens is designed for APS not for 35mm so it's not quite as bad as using a 'legacy' lens. I suspect we will see more such lenses with just the mount modified rather than the optics.

stanleyk

I believe it takes a 77mm filter so that would be rather large on an E-P2. There is a really good Pentax SMC M 35mm F2.0. It's usually kind of pricey used, but it's a great lens (I'd guess you'd have to pay around $150 to $200). I have the 35mm SMC A F2.8. Both of these use 49mm filters and would be much smaller than the Samyang.

I have the Rokinon (which is a rebadged Samyang) 8mm for K Mount. It's actually a very good lens. I've used it on the E-P2 man. It's actually as large or larger than the camera.

Latest threads

Top Bottom