Samyang 85/1.4 on G1

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi,

I just wanted to show you some examples of this Korean lens in use on my G1

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

("nostalgic" postprocessing)

An excellent lens from a less known manufacturer !

C U
Rafael

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
Raf...nice photos.

I know everybody in the Canon world over on FM is all excited about this lens on the EOS bodies.

What adapter did you use to mount it on :43: ?

R

apicius9

Mu-43 Veteran
O.k., now why did I just spend twice the money on a Planar again? ;) They look really nice, I would love to see a comparison between those two lenses (Samyang & Planar) - post-decisional cognitive dissonance...

Stefan

Safwan

New to Mu-43
Hi,

I'm quite keen on getting this lens but I don't know what mount to get it in as I'm new to this m4/3 system. I have a Nikon adapter on the way for my other lenses, but I'm wondering if there's any advantage if I get it in 4/3 mount coupled with the MMF-2 or any other 4/3 to m4/3 adapter.

Would it be able to record any EXIF data on aperture used and such from the lens? I would expect if I get the Nikon mount I'd get nothing recorded (but please correct my assumption if it's wrong :).

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
Would it be able to record any EXIF data on aperture used and such from the lens? I would expect if I get the Nikon mount I'd get nothing recorded (but please correct my assumption if it's wrong :).
Camera exif only although Olys will allow you to input the focal length through the IS setting for manual lenses, but no aperture exif.

I'm thinking of buying the Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Fish Eye. Half the price of the new Panny version.

arpoador

Mu-43 Regular
focal length EXIF

Camera exif only although Olys will allow you to input the focal length through the IS setting for manual lenses, but no aperture exif.
Really?
I tend to set my IS setting on the E-P2 (50, 85, 135, 200), but the focal length value doesn't show up in Lightroom (either 2.7 or 3beta).
Is there some other setting in the camera or in Lightroom I have to turn on for the value to become available?

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
Really?
I tend to set my IS setting on the E-P2 (50, 85, 135, 200), but the focal length value doesn't show up in Lightroom (either 2.7 or 3beta).
Is there some other setting in the camera or in Lightroom I have to turn on for the value to become available?
It is a while since I've used legacy lenses (sold all my 4/3 gear and lenses) so not sure about showing up in exif. Hopefully someone else has an answer. I think I may be confusing this with AF confirm light blinking.

Safwan

New to Mu-43
Hope someone comes along to confirm this fast! Can't resist the temptation for much longer...! :D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom