1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Samyang 7.5mm on GX1

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Iansky, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I met up with my friend who has the Samyang 7.5mm that is designed for Mu43 format, he purchased it on Ebay from Poland and it cost him around £240.00, it is a beautifully made & solid lens that is great on the GX1 (he uses it on the GF1).

He has shot some superb images on it and I tried it yesterday on the GX1, this is the result below taken in the Church on a tripod.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mookalafalas

Mookalafalas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 22, 2012
    Tainan, Taiwan
    Al
    Funny you bring this up, I was just (re) reading the Lenstip (from Poland) review of this and looking at prices on Ebay. I do my main shooting with Canon, but a fisheye of this quality is so outrageously expensive on a full frame system I may just go for this myself :)

3. dre_tech

dre_tech Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2012
    Great shot in the church.

I tried out the lens at a local shop in Bucharest, but they sold it soon afterwards (a little pricey here). I might pick one up when I'm in the states later this year, it's tiny, sharp & well built.

In the UK the lens is also available from amazon as Walimex Pro 7.5 if one doesn't need to have the Samyang brand on it.

4. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks Guys,

I would class this as more of an extreme wide angle lens (180 degrees) it does not show the standard fisheye distortion

5. Mookalafalas

Mookalafalas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 22, 2012
    Tainan, Taiwan
    Al
    Perhaps better to say doesn't show "extreme" fisheye distortion? While it is not merely as strong as some fisheyes, it certainly isn't a rectilinear ultra wide angle, either. Apparently you can use a plug in for this lens though, which will readjust the final image so it looks even more rectilinear.
    Here is a graphical representation of the fisheye distortion level, which is, according to the reviewers, -27%

Samyang 7.5 mm f/3.5 UMC Fish-eye MFT review - Distortion - Lenstip.com

I have the Samyang 14mm for my Canon, and it's a wonderful lens, too.

• Like Like x 1