Samyang 7.5mm fisheye for MFT (prototype)

stratokaster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Pavel
samyang7p5ep1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is a prototype 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye lens developed by Samyang specifically for Micro Four Thirds.

Looks quite compact and the price should be quite a bit lower than that of Panasonic 8mm fisheye.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1103/11030805samyang7p5proto.asp

Conrad

Mu-43 Veteran
stratokaster said:
This is a prototype 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye lens developed by Samyang specifically for Micro Four Thirds.

Looks quite compact and the price should be quite a bit lower than that of Panasonic 8mm fisheye.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1103/11030805samyang7p5proto.asp

I find the compactness suspect. Since they claim 180 degrees fov but the front lens element is flatter than the Pana 7-14, I have the strong feeling that it will vignette terribly.

icase81

Mu-43 Regular
I think the glass isn't the final glass going into it. It looks more like a mockup kind of prototype than a working prototype. Else, I'd imagine, there would be a few sample pics.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I am not really interested in this lens - but I do like the idea that they are making the lens for m4/3 and it is not just a remounted full frame lens. I hope they do that with all future m4/3 and then I could become very interested.

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
If this lens is going to be of the same quality level as the 85/1.4, then, we'll be in for a thread !
I'm looking forward to this lens !

C U
Rafael

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have the 8mm in 4/3 mount which is a much larger lens. (They also sell it with a micro 4/3 adapter).

This new lens looks much smaller and yes it's probably a mock-up.

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
I would definitely go for this. If it has as much bang for the buck, as the other Samyangs…

Now I have Peleng 8mm f3.5. It's ok, but big. Maybe a bit soft wide open, as expected. But it gives a larger diagonal FOV than the current Samyang… about 175 °

Latest threads

Top Bottom