1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Samyang 7.5mm fisheye for MFT (prototype)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by stratokaster, Mar 8, 2011.

1. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Dublin, IE
    Pavel
  2. Conrad

Conrad Mu-43 Veteran

I find the compactness suspect. Since they claim 180 degrees fov but the front lens element is flatter than the Pana 7-14, I have the strong feeling that it will vignette terribly.

3. icase81

icase81 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2011
    Philly, PA
    I think the glass isn't the final glass going into it. It looks more like a mockup kind of prototype than a working prototype. Else, I'd imagine, there would be a few sample pics.

4. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I am not really interested in this lens - but I do like the idea that they are making the lens for m4/3 and it is not just a remounted full frame lens. I hope they do that with all future m4/3 and then I could become very interested.

5. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    If this lens is going to be of the same quality level as the 85/1.4, then, we'll be in for a thread !
    I'm looking forward to this lens !

C U
    Rafael

6. ymppa

ymppa New to Mu-43

Mar 8, 2011
    The lens looks awesome!

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I have the 8mm in 4/3 mount which is a much larger lens. (They also sell it with a micro 4/3 adapter).

This new lens looks much smaller and yes it's probably a mock-up.

8. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    I would definitely go for this. If it has as much bang for the buck, as the other Samyangs…

Now I have Peleng 8mm f3.5. It's ok, but big. Maybe a bit soft wide open, as expected. But it gives a larger diagonal FOV than the current Samyang… about 175 °

• Like Like x 1
  9. RobertinArabia

RobertinArabia Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2012
    Has anyone compared the Peleng and the Samyang?

10. jack9091

jack9091 New to Mu-43

Dec 5, 2012
    Yes this lens looks fantastic ......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.