Samyang 7.5mm fisheye £184.99 uk delivery ebay

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by dweller, Mar 23, 2013.

1. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK

OK this is probably a grey import and doesn't include the 3 year warranty, but good price and delivered within UK so no suprise extra charges.
    I just bought the black version of this on another site for 199 pounds so its quite a good time at the moment to get one of these lenses.
    Note. My one from another site didn't have the 1m/ft? marking that the newer models have so that may be an issue with this lens. Not sure.
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    It's shipped from HK, so buyers are likely to get stung for 20% VAT and import duty of around 10%. Not such a good deal when this is added.
  3. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK
    Thanks Paul,
    The advert says Royal Mail so I thought they had some in the UK, the small print didn't show on my mobile browser.

Anyhow I got mine for £199.99 (including delivery as I found a £5 off voucher)
    from a different site here
    Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fish-eyes Lens :: Samyang :: Lenses - eGlobaL Digital Store
    This website says that they will cover all import duty and it came via DHL very quickly from Hong Kong.
    So people can try this site if they are willing to risk a not very well known website.
    Of course, if you want to support your UK based camera merchants and get 3 years warranty then buy in the uk at the normal price.

P.s. I checked the original ebay ad and they've changed the location from Stockport to Outside the UK, hence the confusion.