'Samsung NX200 Review'

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by RT_Panther, Nov 24, 2011.

1. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Is it jus me or does this camera look like a crossbreed of the nikon 1, sony NEX, olympus pen, and panasonic gf-series?! It's like a Hyundai in the camera world... Not really feeling it from first impression...

2. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    As a matter of fact, its design predates all the cameras you listed. It's a direct descendant of Samsung's NV-series of compact cameras.

image.

samsung-nv-7-ops.

[​IMG]

3. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Ah, true!

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I was surprised to read the review from Stratokaster also - I totally thought this body would have loads of noise.

It is nice to see some sensor competition. I just wish they would have either had a tilt screen on the NX200, or at least an optional EVF. Oh yeah, and the 45MB RAW file size makes me panic a bit. :eek:

Maybe the NX13 (?) will be even more interesting.

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Why?
    It has the large APS-C sensor....

6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Not compared to m4/3, more going against other less-megapixel-stuffed APS-C sensors.

7. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I seriously looked at the samsung system, but I found m43 had a huge edge to the other csc systems when it came to lenses. Who would have thought 2 manufactures sharing a platform would create a more complete system.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Ah...
    IMHO, Samsung is the sleeper to watch in this market....They already have more lenses available than NEX. If they can put all the other pieces together.....

9. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    This is true, but Samsung right now has a very good selection of lenses: 16/2.4, 20/2.8, 30/2, 60/2.8 macro, 85/1.4, 18-200 and 55-200. 12-24/4, 55/1.8 and 16-80/3.5-4.5 are rumored to be in the works.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    We think alike...:biggrin:

11. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I agree Samsung is a sleeper right now and personally I would be more inclined to purchase a nx than a nex camera.