1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Samsung NX200 - IBIS!

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by krugorg, Aug 31, 2011.

1. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Product page for the Samsung NX200 is up:

21.6 Megapixel Compact Digital Camera NX200

I know there is not a lot of Sammy love out there, but I was pleasantly surprised to see IBIS. It makes the NX lens lineup, including the 3 new lenses, look really interesting compared to the Nex.

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Wow. Considering it's 20MP, not a bad price at all. Why couldn't they have made it prettier. I loved the way the NX10 looked. The NX100 is hideous. The NX200 seems to follow it down the ugly path.

3. kahren

kahren Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    looks like a minor upgrade from the nx100, though addition of ibis might be a big deal to some. that price of $899 they have listed is steep imo. no built in flash, no tilt lcd, those would be very easy to implement, and so many cameras are missing them. samsung said they are going to have 3 models now hopefully there will be something similar to the nex7 for a cheaper price point, though i don't see that possible with what they priced the nx200 at.

4. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Big jump to the 20mp sensor from what they had, look good.

5. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    $900 retail, IBIS, APS-C sensor. Very interesting. Samsung's lens lineup (current and future) looked a lot stronger to me than Sony's, last I looked. Their IQ won't be on par with Sony, but if it's better than the latest Oly/Pana then that's very tempting indeed.

6. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Where are you getting it? I'm reading DIGITAL image stabilization which is a total gimick. It also appears that they still haven't switched to AVCHD codec for video.

7. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    It also wins the Camera That's Most Likely to Look Like an Illustration award.

Funny, Samsung has no street cred among the types of people that hang around on the Internet talking about cameras. With the NX10 product design they at least tried to cater to those folks. But ever since the NX100, they've more or less have said, "Screw you camera people. We'll sell container-loads of these things at Best Buy by making them look like smartphones."

8. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Good point, Art, lots of flavors of IS and no mention of sensor shift.

9. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Okay, yeah. Digital IBIS would not be very compelling at all.