Samsung NX100 for $150. Worth it?

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
A local store has a NX100 for $150. It's a demo model so I only get the body, lens and the battery. It does come with the full factory warranty though. Worth it?

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
Personally,
I wouldn't get it unless you're fully prepared to invest in at least 2 Samsung prime lenses.

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Jump on it. If only to use when you don't want to risk a "better" kit. Why not? Hell, buy it and re-sell it... I'll make it worth it to you. Just make sure the screen and lens surfaces aren't scratched.

Promit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Promit Roy
Ehhh. I've had the same instinct a few times on Samsung and older Sony models (like the legendary NEX-3 blowout). The trouble is these are system cameras and if you let the low body price put stars in your eyes, you will be disappointed.

By the way, your name is "lenshoarder". Think about it :)

David

Mu-43 Veteran
I think you can get a adaptor and use legacy manual focus lens. If that us the case.
then may be a alternative backup .

But if it was me. I wouldnt buy it,

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
A local store has a NX100 for $150. It's a demo model so I only get the body, lens and the battery. It does come with the full factory warranty though. Worth it?

Financially, it's probably worth it. You can resell the bits for a lot more than that, if you're patient.

Practically though, I'd have no interest in the camera. About the only thing exciting it has is a nice LCD screen. The lens and sensor are unremarkable. If one already has a half-decent m4/3 camera, I can't imagine ever using the NX100.

DH

G.Sal

Mu-43 Regular
I think it's more of a hassle reselling it than making a profit out of it.

Unless, you're really committed to the system or you have the patience for waiting for the right buyer, then that's a good deal.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I think if the screen and lens aren't scratched and everything works, it's a great deal. Fine for a back-up camera when you don't want to risk your main gear. And you can spend as much time as you like with it before deciding if you'd like to stick with the NX system and buy more lenses. $150, assuming the kit checks out okay, is a no-brainer. Enjoy!

Latest threads

Top Bottom