1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Samsung announes GALAXY camera ..Its cool :)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Bhupinder2002, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Looks like the camera functions similar to a tablet, won't be able to make phone calls. Backs up photos to the cloud and allows nearly instantaneous sharing. Interesting. Wonder what battery life is like. :biggrin:

3. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    That's quite the display it has!

I am, at this point, a bit iffy toward the new in-app camera operating systems. I guess I assume that the more the camera can do that's unrelated to actual photography, the more I have to learn and the more overlap I'll have with my phone.

I suppose, now that they've convinced us that we need a tablet in addition to our phones (or have they?), they now need to convince us that an app-based camera is necessary as well. All seems a tad redundant, but not surprising.

4. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    I guess for those who don't do much (or any?) post-processing of their photos, this is a desirable feature. But, for someone like me, that likes to post-process before sharing anything, this kind of feature doesn't mean much.

Call me a Luddite, but I like a phone to be a phone, and a camera to be a camera. This merging of devices frankly has never appealed to me. (Jack of all Trades, Master of none...) <shrug>

• Like Like x 1
  5. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    If it runs Android and has a microphone and speaker, then you can make phone calls. There's an app for that.

Looks a lot like a WB150F. Hopefully it has better IQ.

6. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    These are probably useful to do live coverage of events.. and for teenagers to improve their profile pictures and status updates.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.