1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Samsung announes GALAXY camera ..Its cool :)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Bhupinder2002, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Looks like the camera functions similar to a tablet, won't be able to make phone calls. Backs up photos to the cloud and allows nearly instantaneous sharing. Interesting. Wonder what battery life is like. :biggrin:

3. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    That's quite the display it has!

I am, at this point, a bit iffy toward the new in-app camera operating systems. I guess I assume that the more the camera can do that's unrelated to actual photography, the more I have to learn and the more overlap I'll have with my phone.

I suppose, now that they've convinced us that we need a tablet in addition to our phones (or have they?), they now need to convince us that an app-based camera is necessary as well. All seems a tad redundant, but not surprising.

4. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    I guess for those who don't do much (or any?) post-processing of their photos, this is a desirable feature. But, for someone like me, that likes to post-process before sharing anything, this kind of feature doesn't mean much.

Call me a Luddite, but I like a phone to be a phone, and a camera to be a camera. This merging of devices frankly has never appealed to me. (Jack of all Trades, Master of none...) <shrug>

• Like Like x 1
  5. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    If it runs Android and has a microphone and speaker, then you can make phone calls. There's an app for that.

Looks a lot like a WB150F. Hopefully it has better IQ.

6. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    These are probably useful to do live coverage of events.. and for teenagers to improve their profile pictures and status updates.