1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

'Samsung 60mm ƒ2.8 MACRO Review'

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by RT_Panther, Dec 10, 2011.

1. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Pretty mediocre lens, seems worse than the Tamron 60mm f/2 macro. And disproportionally huge, too.

2. Since I would ultimately like to have an APS-C mirrorless camera to use alongside my smaller m4/3 gear, I remain intrigued by the NX. It does seem however that the system is still something of an unpolished diamond. Lenses are where they need to kicking goals and this review wasn't hugely positive.

3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    IMHO it doesn't look too bad for a macro lens. Its sharpness is very good by f/11 across the frame. I agree that sharpness at wider apertures is not all that impressive but for macro work that is hardly important, you're always fighting against lack of DOF. More importantly it has nice bokeh and hardly any bokeh fringing even wide open, let alone at smaller apertures.

Look at the Photozone test of the PL 45/2.8: it doesn't look too good wide open as well, still it's a highly esteemed lens.

4. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Is it really an achievement? I don't know of any modern short telephoto lens that is not sharp across the frame at f/11. I agree that for macro use softness wide open is not an issue, but if I had that lens, I would probably use it for many different things, not just for macro.