1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Samsung 30mm/f2

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by taotao7, May 31, 2011.

1. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    Hi,
    Does anyone knows this lens and used it? I have a chance to get it for 80$, worth it? Also, do I need any adaptor for the GH2?

Thanks

2. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    You would definitely need an adapter, as it is a Samsung NX mount lens, not a :43: one. I'm not sure if such an adapter exists, though, since the flange is only 5.5mm further from the sensor on the NX than on the :43: system.

3. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    5.5mm is enough, it is safe to say that an adaper can be made if the difference of the two mounts is greater than 2mm. Now it is doable but i am not sure that it is a popular request hence not sure if it will be manufactured in china. You may have noticed that some adapters are not available or available at a higher price it is simply due to the fact that they are not popular. You can always try to make your own , but this will involve great cost. Unfortunately at the moment I have not found any adapter for NX lenses on M4/3.

4. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    yes, i haven't seen an adaptor as well. Oh well... it seemed like a nice lens for 80$...

5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Aren't the NX lenses focus by wire also (ie would need power connections to be able to even manually focus)?

6. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    That is maybe why there is no adapters :p