1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Samples of shots taken with Oly 40-150mm lens anyone?

Discussion in 'Nature' started by RobertS, Feb 25, 2013.

1. RobertS

RobertS Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    I just acquired this lens and would like to see some nature shots that you "pros" have taken using this very same lens. Attached to a E-PL2 would even make it better for me. Thanks.

2. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
  3. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
  4. fin azvandi

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    ^ wow, Lindsay D those are some excellent images and nice write-ups comparing the two systems.

5. Lindsay D

Lindsay D Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    West Sussex, England
    Lindsay
    Thank you Fin, I am so impressed with my Micro 4/3 equipment, the lenses are just beautiful.

6. RobertS

RobertS Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    Sorry to Fin & Co. Still new to this site. Didn't realize that there was an entire thread dedicated to this lens. But I do now. Thanks.

7. fin azvandi

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    No problem, hope I didn't come across as a jerk! I see you've posted a few other threads asking about gear advice, so I recommend you take some time to browse through the Native Lens sample image threads to get a sense of what people are doing with m4/3 gear. I just picked up the 40-150 lens a week or so ago and it seems great, but if you're looking for wilderness-style wildlife photos you might prefer something with more reach.

8. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I do not have the file available for posting, but I will say that I recently printed a 20x30 proof print of an image that I took with this lens and an E-PL2, and I was quite surprised at how well the image (a sailboat shadow and silhouette on the water at sunset) held up. I am not normally a fan of kit telephoto zoom lenses, but this lens delivered for me on this image. I also included an image from a Panasonic G3 with the 25mm lens, and a long exposure image from my Nikon D300, with the camera mounted on a tripod. All three proofs were quite surprising. I used to limit my printing to no larger than 11x14, but if the IQ is there, then I am now more inclined to print large.

Enjoy,

--Ken

9. Lindsay D

Lindsay D Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    West Sussex, England
    Lindsay
    I took some more images using this lens a couple of days ago. It really is a fantastic performer, sharp through the range and so easy to carry. Given how awful the conditions were (blaring overhead mid day sun) the OMD demonstrated how good it is at preserving highlight detail (notably better than some of my expensive Canon DSLRs ever were).

Birds at Busbridge Lakes Surrey » modern pet photographer west sussex

10. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
  11. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Here are a few from the St. Augustine Alligator Farm, on my E-PL2. For the price, this is a really nice lens! Don't let the fact that it's a "kit" lens hold you back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    [​IMG]
    E-PL1 with M.Zuiko 40-150mm at 150mm, f/5.6, 1/200 sec, ISO 200

13. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro