Sam Wains Place

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Robert Watcher, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sam Wains Place

Every time I drive to Goderich, I am determined to stop and shoot the barn on the curve that says Sam Wain on it. The shooting angle used to be cooler before the road was built up last year. Tonight I slowed down on the highway in anticipation and pulled off onto the narrow shoulder - firing through my opened driver's side window. The sun was low and firing directly into my lens.

sam-wains-place-grunge2.

Rob

• Like Like x 4
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The light really makes this one, nice.

3. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Great light and color.

4. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

My son Robert saw my "Sam Wains Place" on my Facebook page - and popped over to ask if I could print up a copy with some more orange in it to go in his dining room. Of course I could.

So today I was playing with Hahnemhle 13"x19" Photo Rag paper that I have had for some time and never used. It worked perfectly for the character of the image. While I was at it, I also wanted to see how the barn shot that I took in the storm a couple of weeks ago would print out on the same paper. It looks incredible and rich with the dark tones and highlighted roof and window. I am really thrilled and would probably even print it larger if I had such a printer..

[​IMG]

Rob

• Like Like x 1