Salutations good people

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by recasper, Feb 22, 2012.

1. recasper

recasper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2012
    Alameda, California
    I believe this is a touch belated since I've already jumped in head first, lol. Sorry but the convos here are simply too enticing.

Either way, I thought I would go ahead and introduce myself. :th_salute:

Name is RE Casper, southern born but currently hailing out of Chicago. I started in traditional art and graphic design, but dabbled in and out of photography over the years. Miss my old Minolta x370n. Oh well, will soon get to use its lenses again. ;-)

Working in design and real estate by day, I found my peace again this past year, with a rediscovered leap back in the photography fray. I instantly found it to be a much more satisfying approach of expression than any paints, pencils or inks used in the past. As such, I haven't been able to sit my 550D down... Well, at least until recently, when I found the OM-D calling my name, begging to take control of my collection. I kindly obliged with a pre-order, which lead me to your fine community here. ;-)

Anyway, greetings again and I look forward to trading advice and learning more about the m4/3 system. Coming from DSLR, I have some studying to do on this intriguing little system. ;-)

If interested, feel free to check out my gallery at or the blog at

• Like Like x 2
  2. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Well, greetings to you too my good (insert gender here)!

It seems you've discovered micro 4/3 at a good time - jumping straight in with a E-M5 no less!
    I had a look at your gallery and am impressed. I'm sure you'll love the new feel you'll get with this "little" camera & lenses.

It is a bit of a love affair and I'm sure you'll fit right in here.
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome RE. Like you I'm waiting on an E-M5 pre-order.
  4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the cult, RE!

I also have an OM-D on preorder... pretty great times in m4/3 right now with a lot of solid bodies and excellent native glass. Have fun!
  5. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Welcome, Recasper! As you've probably noticed we all like it here and hope you will do, too. :cool:

P.S. Don't forget to enter the Bhupinder Photo Challenge!
  6. recasper

recasper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2012
    Alameda, California
    Thank you very much everyone. Definitely looks like I am in good company. As for my jump into m43, hopefully my nerves hold out until April. ;-)

Thanks BarefootPilgrim for the recommendation. Checking it out now. :)