1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Salut from Montréal Canada

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Yves D., Jan 26, 2010.

1. Yves D.

Yves D. Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Montréal, Canada
    I'm a 48 years old french canadian guy from Montréal, Canada. I worked as a "retoucheur photo" in a major newspaper in Montréal called La Presse.

I have a passion about photography since the early 80's with the discovery of a great photographer who worked at La Presse newspaper: Antoine Désilets.
    He was(is) a photojournalist with a very strong sense of the "decisive moment" and had a eye for those littles things in everyday life.
    I learned a lot trough his books on photography.

Because of him:wink: and some other like Bresson, Capa etc...i bought a Nikon Fe, 50 mm 1,8 lens and made a lot of milleage with it.
    After that, Nikon 601(first autofocus camera), Canon G1(first digital, raw files),Nikon D80 and today very happy with a Lumix Gf1.

Well that's about it folks. I'm not use to write that long in english since my first language is french. Hope everything is o.k. :smile: Have a nice day.

P.S. This place here is a great place to hang out. Very nice people and the admins very dedicated to the site. Cheers to them.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Salut Yves, votre écriture en langue anglaise est bien meilleur que mon français. En fait, je triche et d'utiliser Google Translate pour écrire ce post :biggrin:. Très heureux que tu nous ont rejoints ici à mu-43. Merci pour les aimables remarques sur nous les admins.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    We should have a French speaking forum - I'm learning French right now (since Christmas). Michel Thomas makes it easier!

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yves D.

Yves D. Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Montréal, Canada
    I won't object to a french speaking forum but how many french speaking member are we?
    English is a very universal langage and easy enough to learn i think.
    I don't want to be cut from the rest of the people here by sticking in a lonely french forum. :smile:

And since web translaters are so so...i prefer to keep on learning english.

@Amin: thanks for your words in french.

cheers

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    English may be relatively easy for a French speaker to learn (since it's 80% badly pronounced French anyhow :rofl:) - but in terms of universal language, I think my 3rd language to learn would be Spanish... or perhaps Chinese?

Unfortunately, by the time I learn Chinese... someone will have invented a Babel fish. :rofl:

Cheers

Brian

6. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Salut Yves!