Sakar is Bringing Fast Kodak-Branded Glass for Micro Four Thirds

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Halaking, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    • Like Like x 3
  2. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
  3. atmo

atmo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    $400 seems very attractive for a 25/0.95. Manual only?
  4. graben

graben Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2013
    Chicago, Illinois
    Very nice.

Sent from my HTL21 using Tapatalk 2
  5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
  6. bredman

bredman Mu-43 Veteran

May 30, 2013
    Sherwood Forest
    I wondered the same myself, particularly the 25mm.

I must say the 50mm looks waay tooo soft for my tastes, i just offloaded a Voightlander Nokton 25mm because it was too soft anywhere near 0.95 for the money. The other two look interesting though, especially the 25mm.
  7. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    For the same price as a Voigtander F0.95 you get two fast lens and then some, that is a great bargain!

I think Voigtlander finally got competitor! Though I probably still get Leica 42.5mm F1.2, the OIS really helps on Pana body
  8. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Interesting indeed...

Sakar made really cheap crappy optics when I was in university (circa 1980's). Let's hope they've improved upon the useless dreck they produced way back when!
  9. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

WOW! This came out of nowhere. I hope these prove to be good performers. I doubt they will be as good as Voigtlander but at more than half the price less that is OK. I do not think these are SamYang made although the fisheye might be a copy.

As for Sakar having the right to make Kodak lenses - I bet they do. They have products related to Disney and Marvel, both companies that don't allow unauthorized products. Thus I am sure Sakar is very familiar with getting trademark permissions. They do have some other optics under the Kodak name, binoculars to be exact.

Lets hope however that their lawsuit with Nikon doesn't put them out of business. The new Polaroid camera does look a lot like the Nikon J1 but then again so does the new Panasonic GM1{except that it has a leather look surface}.
  10. Boira

Boira Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 12, 2013
    The 25mm looks interesting, I'll keep an eye on it.
  11. dweller

dweller Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 14, 2012
    London, UK
    I just have a hunch these are going to be poor quality.
    I'd like to be proved wrong though.