Sailing

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by LeeOsenton, Sep 25, 2010.

1. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    From a recent visit to Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Shot with Panasonic G1 and 45-200mm from a tour boat. Still learning about B+W conversions with Photoshop Elements 8. Lee

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Very pretty - must have been a wonderful time! I can't help you with the white balance, exposure, etc., within Elements because I don't know Elements, however I'm sure someone else on here can. I bet this can be tweaked to really look as fantastic as it did that day - love the heeling of the sailboat!

3. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Thank you, BB. It was beautiful that day and we were very lucky to be able to go. I created an album and have begun adding the better prints from our trip.

Fort Walton Beach, Florida

I had to sell my DSLR and an extensive lens collection early this year (and I wasn't shooting much anyway), but kept just enough to grab a discounted G1 and a couple of lenses. Thanks to Panny for releasing the G2! I was using CS3, but it doesn't handle G1 RAW files. SilkyPix is awful so I evaluated several free options and PSP before settling on Elements.

No regrets, it does everything I need and more. I am working through a Scott Kelby book and finding Elements to be a bargain powerhouse for budget shooters.

Lee