RX10 - 1" sensor 24-200 f2.8 EVF

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by hoodlum, Oct 12, 2013.

1. hoodlum

hoodlum Mu-43 Regular

Jul 16, 2012
    Toronto Canada
  2. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    I think it's an interesting proposition. For someone using an MFT camera with kit lens and never bother to change lenses (like my dad), this is a good option... Of course, it would also depend on the actual camera size and lens quality...
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    So the difference between this and the RX100 ii is the faster/bigger lens?

Man, either Panasonic or Olympus needs to make a fixed m4/3 camera happen!
  4. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Once the lens in no longer interchangeable, why would one care what the sensor format is? After all, the defining feature of m43 is the lens compatibility. Sensor size per se is not critical (you could imagine "cropped" m43 sensors useable with m43 lenses).
  5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Not true. For a given generation of sensor, there is a clear correlation between pixel density and image quality/noise, especially in low light
  6. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Of course. But there are many cropped Nikons with DX format sensors that share the F mount with FX formatted sensors, with all of the trade-offs that are well discussed across the net. I'm just saying that once you eliminate the interchangeable lens from the conversation, there's no particular reason to favor a sensor size that exists elsewhere, except perhaps because of semiconductor manufacturing economies. Olympus could just as well create a non-interchangeable lens camera with any sized sensor and not limited themselves to the 43 format. I'm not saying they will, or should, just that they could.
  7. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    rob collins
    Well it wont look anything like the RX100 for sure. This will be a pretty big camera - imagine the G6 with the Panasonic 12-35 2.8 on it. And it will probably weigh 700g or so.