RW2

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by oxhouser, Jan 26, 2016.

1. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    hi
    It's getting time to upgrade or change my editing software, I'm not keen to go down the monthly subscription route so am looking for something I can purchase
    I like Snapspeed and filter storm on the iPad and that's the kind of thing I'm looking for on the desktop, I use Panasonic cameras so something that can handle DN2 raw files is high on the priority list
    A lot of my finished work is black and white so another plus would be a good B&W converter

Currently have elements 13 running and DXO 9 on evaluation but neither do DN2 files meaning I have to go through the silky pic program to convert to something the others can handle

What options do I have?

2. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    draw is free, its will convert to a 16bit linear TIFF

runs on every platform

3. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I use & recommend Capture One Pro 9, The Professional Choice In Imaging Software (their words, not mine)
    I would take a look & download the free trial for either Mac or Windows (64 bit). Phase One (download)
    Yes, you can buy it with free updates for that level & if you want the next level when it comes (Pro 9 only came out in the last few months) then there is an upgrade price.

Just for the sake of it here is one photo of a juvenile kookaburra to see that I worked on (from the raw file).
    The original JPEG from the E-M1 (with Panasonic sensor).
    M1082142-s.

CO9 raw edit (with my attempted choice in WB).
    M1082142_CaOne_adj-cr-s.

And a quick B&W attempt in CO9 (with elliptical vignetting) from the raw file.
    M1082142_CaOne_B_W-s.

I don't know if that is what you were after but hope it helps.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  4. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    You say you worked on original jpeg? I want to work with the RW2 raw file

5. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    You can still BUY Lightroom perpetual license, you just have to go search for it because they really want you to subscribe - but it's there.

6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sorry, no I didn't say that & have edited the text to remove any misconception. CO9 is a very good raw converter & even better in the latest Pro 9 version, but you should find that out when you try it (download for a free trial) as well as many others using & liking it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016