Russian Lenses For Sale In The Ebay Forum

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ReallyBadPictures, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
    Has anyone used any of these?
    I was thinking of getting 1 or 2 cheap ones just because they are cheap:smile:

I noticed that quite a few of them have the front glass scratched up but the seller states that this will not affect image quality and was wondering how that could be possible...
    Thanks

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    While a lot of scratches might make a lens slightly hazy, it has to be pretty bad to affect image quality. Enjoy the article below:

Dirty lens article

• Like Like x 1
  3. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    Very good reading. I might order 2-3 cheap lenses just for fun.
    Thanks

4. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

Before you order, make sure you understand which adapters you are going to need. Some Russian lenses were made for rangefinder cameras and need an adapter with rangefinder register, some were made for SLR cameras and need an adapter with SLR register and some models (confusingly) were made in both rangefinder and SLR versions.

My suggestion is to pick one style so you only need one adapter - otherwise, your cheap lenses can get expensive if you have to buy a separate adapter for each one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    Will do. If/when I order I will probably ask a few questions here about the specific lenses.

Thanks

6. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Very interesting. I must confess to being very careful about stuff on lens elements. I try to keep a lens hood on. It helps to protect from damage as well as better contrast.

Note: I sometimes "salvage" lenses that are not up to my quality standard, and therefore not saleable (at least by me). I have some good, cheap macro attachments, by buying cheap reversing rings.