COMPLETED Russian Jupiter 9 Zenit 39 mount | Location: COLORADO | Ships: CONUS

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by juangrande, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 98.1%
    61   1   0

Dec 2, 2012
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Russian Jupiter 9 Zenit 39 mount (SOLD)

Ships to

I have a very good copy of the famous Russian made lens, Jupiter 9 85mm f2. This lens is a copy of the Zeiss 85 f2 Sonnar. Known for its 15 blade aperture bokeh and soft rendering at f2, this is a classic and sought after portrait lens.
    Mine is a Zenit 39 mount with a M42 adapter ring. The register is very close to an M42 mount lens, although slightly different. This lens will not focus to infinity w/o some slight modifications to the adapter. There is space between the M42 adapter and camera body ( fuji), so I think it could be done. However, this is a portrait lens with nice close focusing ability as it is, so modification may not be desired. It will focus out to 20 yds or so.

This was made in 1970 as evidenced by the serial#. The glass has some faint cleaning marks, but no evidence of bubbles in the glass which can be common. There is very little dust, the aperture blades are oil free and work perfectly. The focus ring, aperture ring, and pre-set aperture ring all work smoothly and well. This lens was probably CLA'd at some point and it appears it was done well. I only have a front cap for it, but rear ones can be found on ebay. The filter ring is slightly dinged, but will accept a hood and filters.

The photos were taken at f2,f2.8 and f4.

Payment accepted
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method

Shipping charge
    FREE (conus only)

Handling time

Additional comments

• I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.
  2. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    PM sent requesting paypal address :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.